As the Technical Marketing Engineer you will be a key resource on the team developing materials such as presentations, solution briefs, white papers, technical positioning inputs, demos and more that gives guidance to internal sales, channel partners, solution partners and customers. Ideal candidates will have a strong technical background in one or more of these areas: IP networking, security, datacenter and cloud architectures. A commitment to customer success, innovation and a collaborative spirit are the foundations of the team.
- Work with the team to develop and deliver clear, concise and differentiated technical sales enablement materials including: technical collateral; product demonstrations; blogs; screencasts; white papers and case studies.
- Answering technical product questions during sales process
- Ensure sales team is up to date on current supported technical product specifications
- Responsible for staying abreast of product roadmap as well as understanding the use-cases, features and functions within 128 Technology products and how these are applied to address business and technical problems.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Sales and Services to create solution reference architectures for technical sales and services enablement
- Create and delivery demos to highlight the key values of the solutions to help market penetration of new features and technologies. Create product demonstrations for sales, training and marketing purposes.
- Support marketing thought leadership and demand generation programs to customers and prospects, including product demonstration and technical briefing videos
- Research competing products and maintain competitive briefs on them
- Work with Product Marketing to develop and deliver technical training on business problems, products, and messages for successful customer and channel engagements
- Travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Strong domain knowledge in two or more in key technology areas IP networking, IP security, cloud/datacenter architectures, security, virtualization.
- Experience in selling, marketing, or implementing IP networking products in complex environments.
- This role will require speaking with customers, at conferences and seminars, at user group events, etc. so strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills are a must
- A proven ability to perform technical evaluation and market positioning of competitive products
- A proven ability to deliver product presentations and training to sales and support staff
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and market needs and translate into effective messages for business and technical audiences.
- Self-starter with ability to solve problems in a fast paced environment.
- Strong cross-functional skills, ability to think and work strategically, and execute as an individual contributor.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear, creative and compelling technical marketing messages.
- Strong presentation skills are a must.