American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Software Manager. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Software Manager will play a critical role in Development organization. Specifically, the Senior Software Manager will help drive execution for the web development team. The right candidate has experience leading teams following the Scrum agile development methodology and is passionate about delivering a quality product on schedule. This position will lead the execution of deliverables for a team of 10-12 Java web developers from planning through release while managing risks and ensuring product quality.
- Manage execution of deliverables for the web development team
- Maintain the release schedule and ensure alignment with other product teams
- Communicate status and schedule to the appropriate stakeholders
- Identify and track project risks and build mitigation strategies
- Lead daily scrums, sprint planning and review meetings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading agile software development teams
- Deep understanding of software development, management, and release processes
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into an executable plan
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Strong technical understanding of web based client-server applications
- Details oriented and results driven
- Strong analytical problems solving skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
Should you join American Well and the Development organization, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether you’re an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks