Our team has a very high level goal of gaining as many engaged users as possible for the least amount of dollars. We are central to CarGurus' growth strategy. This is a high impact role with exceptional visibility within the company across multiple areas. We manage all our internet advertising internally.
On a day to day basis our team is searching across the web to find the most efficient ways to attract and retain our users. We have a multi million-dollar budget to achieve this. We advertise on a number of platforms in multiple countries targeting millions of people. Managing, optimizing and bidding all of our ads requires an efficient and scalable engine that can update and process large amounts of data. As a part of the Search Engine Marketing Engineering team you will build and evolve the engine while we expand to new advertising platforms, new countries, and scale up our targeting to millions of keywords.
To do this you will need strong fundamentals for developing algorithms, object oriented code, and working with data structures. We manage projects from design, to code implementation, debugging, troubleshooting and push projects to production as soon as they are ready. You will enjoy a flexible schedule, free time that you won't have to spend in meetings (because we don't have them), and autonomy over your work. If you are entrepreneurial and thrive in a changing, fast-paced environment than this is an ideal place for you.
Projects and Technology:
- Managing millions of targeted ads and bids globally.
- Expand our advertising engine for new languages, countries and audiences.
- Efficiency & Optimization at Scale: We deal with large data sets and distribute our computing across multiple machines.
- Developing efficient algorithms for optimizing our online advertising. This also involves testing new ideas and allocating resource in direct proportion to their efficiency.
- You will work in Ruby on Rails, MySQL, AWS, Linux, SQL
Skills you will have:
- BS or higher in CS or related field.
- 4 years or more in OOP and Algorithm development
- 4 years or more in Ruby, Linux and AWS