Senior Software Engineer - Hadoop Integration Team
Wednesday October 24, 2012
Vertica, an HP Company
150 Cambridgepark Drive
Senior Software Engineer – Hadoop Integration Team
Vertica, an HP company, seeks Software Engineers in Cambridge, MA to integrate a commercially successful, high performance, massively parallel distributed database with the Hadoop ecosystem.
In this unique role you will work with the latest Hadoop-based technologies and help us form the core team that tightly integrates emerging Hadoop technologies such as HDFS, HBase, and Pig with the flagship Vertica Analytic Database. You will help define the tools and processes for these products as well as work directly with Vertica customers and other third-parties to gather requirements for connect/integrate our core database platform with the Hadoop ecosystem.
You will be at the forefront of creating the Vertica/Hadoop connectors to greatly enhance the power, efficiency and functionality that either distributed SQL or Hadoop can deliver on their own.
- Design, develop and implement connectivity products that allow efficient exchange of data between our core database engine and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Gather and determine requirements for new features.
- Define software development processes (tools, testing, packaging) for Hadoop connectors.
- Provide guidance to junior team members
- Design, develop, implement and support APIs for integration with external packages.
- Support integration efforts by third-party partners.
- Develop and document intellectual property.
Education and/or Training (choose one, we have multiple openings):
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related academic field.
- PhD, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related academic field.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field plus several years of progressive experience in a similar position
Knowledge and Experience (required):
- Significant industrial software development experience
- Ability to deliver prodigious amounts of extremely high quality code (“get stuff done”)
- Systems integration experience
- Java, high performance, multi-threading
Knowledge and Experience (bonus):
- Hadoop and its ecosystem
- Experience with “Big Data” analysis techniques
- C++, SQL
- Database internals
Click here to apply directly to this requirement.