Quick Base is revolutionizing the way people work by enabling professionals to develop their own cloud-based applications for driving vastly improved work productivity. With more than 500,000 users and a presence in over 50 of the Fortune 100 companies, we are quickly expanding our stake in the high-growth, multibillion-dollar SaaS, PaaS and mobile markets.
QuickBase is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and was recently ranked as a Boston Business Journal best place to work. Come join us as we grow.
About the team:
At Quick Base, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive engineering excellence. Each team owns its own commitments and outcomes. They are treated well, enjoy interesting challenges, learn fast, and strive to be better tomorrow than they are today.
As a senior member of the Quick Base software engineer team, you will contribute to development of our next generation platform. You'll join a team that is passionate about writing high-quality, scalable code. We’re already working on the next generation of our Quick Base platform, using newly acquired technology that will allow our customers to access data from a wide range of online services. The team is currently developing interfaces to a variety of external services, creating awesome user experiences that simplify difficult tasks, making the complex world of data integration accessible to non-technical users.
- Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s)
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various internal teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Commitment to Agile / Scrum with experience contributing to release and sprint planning and backlog management
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object oriented principles, design patterns, etc
- Experience with modern web app development (REST, Continuous Integration and cloud-based architectures)
- Expertise in object oriented languages (Java, C++, C#, etc.) and SQL
- Working knowledge of testing tools such as JUnit, JMeter, TestNG, etc
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability and desire to speak directly with customers, and properly represent customer perspective during product development
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment