About the role:
Everbridge is looking for a highly skilled member of its Site Reliability Engineering team with functional knowledge in all areas of technology operations and site reliability with particularly emphasis on monitoring and trending. The ideal candidate will fulfill the critical role of ensuring our systems are healthy, monitored, and designed to scale. The successful candidate should have hands-on experience in a web-scale role with emphasis on software-as-a-service. Candidates should also have experience designing, planning, implementing, tuning and operating technology including application servers, virtual machine & container management, large-scale monitoring/trending techniques, micro-service architectures, clustering technology, configuration management and creative scaling techniques.
About the team:
As a senior member of our Application Operations team, you will join a team of dedicated, intelligent, fast-paced engineers. You’ll work in a cutting edge hybrid cloud environment that will power our company’s impressive growth. You will bring a data driven approach to monitoring, trending, and telemetry at Everbridge. We are smart, innovative, and ambitious, and are looking for people of the same cut to join us.
- Architect and improve the Everbridge monitoring and trending initiatives
- Drive architecture principles, operability guidelines and progressive scaling techniques within the Everbridge platforms
- Help develop and maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of all components
- Participate in the evaluation of new software, automation, and infrastructure solutions
- Collaborate with architects, developers, data engineers, and infrastructure engineers on designing scalable and highly available platforms.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for application platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Help drive the capacity planning process
- Experience in application design and deployment with a high volume customer facing website
- Experience with large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider environment
- Strong sense of ownership of projects and tasks assigned
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Hands on experience with release, deployment, and environment management
- Experience designing, deploying, extending and scaling monitoring & trending solutions (e.g. Graphite, Grafana, ELK, InfluxDB, OpenTSDB, Graylog, Nagios)
- Experience with application virtualization and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, CoreOS/rkt)
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure as code tools and concepts (e.g. Salt/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Experience with big data systems and distributed systems
- Working knowledge of advanced open source web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Nginx, Tomcat, MongoDB, ElasticSearch (ELK), ZooKeeper, Redis)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and hybrid cloud environments (VMware vSphere, AWS EC2 and abstracted PaaS solution family)
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- U.S. Citizen
- Able to pass a Federal drug screening
- At least 3+ years of experience working as a SRE/Application engineer
- At least 3+ years of coding experience
- At least 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced senior engineering role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
About the Company:
Everbridge is a global enterprise software company that provides applications which automate the delivery of critical information to help keep people safe and businesses running. During mission-critical business events or man-made or natural disasters, over 2,700 global customers rely on the Everbridge platform to quickly and reliably construct and deliver contextual notifications to millions of people at one time. The company’s platform sent over 1 billion messages in 2015, and offers the ability to reach more than 200 countries and territories with secure delivery to over 100 different communication devices. With headquarters in both Boston and Los Angeles, Everbridge serves 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities, 7 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks, 24 of the 25 busiest North American airports, and 6 of the 10 largest global automakers. As a company with a culture that is committed to “Making a Difference,” Everbridge was recently named a “Best Place to Work” by both the Boston and Los Angeles Business Journals!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.