Senior Revenue Accountant
TraceLink is the company that the world’s most trusted pharmaceutical companies choose for complete connectivity, visibility and traceability of prescription medications across their global supply chains, manufacturing and distribution operations. We’ve built the world's largest cloud-based network to connect the entire Life Sciences supply chain and eliminate a $75 billion counterfeit prescription drug problem that leads to nearly 1 million deaths annually. Our mission is to help the pharmaceutical industry eliminate counterfeit drugs from the global marketplace, so that people everywhere receive the medicines they need in the safest, most secure, and most timely manner possible.
We need game changers ready to break down business barriers, master new technologies and become trusted advisors for some of the largest and fasting growing companies on the planet.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual with high standards of excellence, integrity and ethics to help build and expand TraceLink’s business. In this hands-on role, the Senior Revenue Accountant will assist with all revenue recognition and related process improvements. The selected candidate will have a demonstrated level of business acumen, possess strong analytical and communications skills, be able to work cross-functionally and possess a track record of achievements.
- Review customer contracts and document key terms for revenue recognition
- Report on bookings, billings and revenue as well as monthly and annual recurring revenue (MRR/ARR) by customer, etc.
- Prepare and maintain metrics reports such as renewal rates, customer counts, and churn
- Manage partner referral program and prepare related commissions
- Assist Revenue Manager with management of world-wide customer invoicing and collections
- Update and maintain deferred revenue by customer schedules
- Reconcile deferred revenue accounts and record any adjustments using NetSuite
- Assist Revenue Manager with monthly/quarterly sales team commission calculations and communications
- Calculate variable serialization fees and prepare quarterly invoices
- Prepare quarterly financial press release data
- Help Revenue Manager implement credit/risk analysis process
- Participate in Big 4 audits and prepare revenue related schedules
- Collaborate with Sales and Professional Services teams to implement best practices and long-term business system automation projects
- Research new revenue recognition requirements and recommend related accounting
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- At least 4 years relevant work experience within a corporate accounting and finance department required
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Intermediate level MS Excel skills required
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and consistency in preparing work required
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills required due to the fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A passion for excellence and desire to make a difference
- Knowledge of SaaS revenue recognition a plus
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
If you’re looking to join an exciting, fast-moving company that is at the center of revolutionizing the supply chain for the Life Sciences industry, TraceLink wants to talk to you.