The Senior QA/Automation Engineer will be responsible for testing Verscend’s predictive modeling desktop and SaaS based Business Intelligence applications that are part of Verscend’s Performance Analytics product suite. You will define and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases, ensuring that quality issues and defects are properly identified and tracked. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining both automated and user-level testing tools, as well as provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members. You will be required to collaborate effectively with software engineers, business owners, project managers, and other internal stakeholders. This is a hands-on position and strong Java programming skills are required.
- Create, maintain, and execute detailed test cases and test plans.
- Develop and maintain automated testing tools and tests.
- Analyze requirements, develop, and execute test cases with test results, and report software defects with detailed information.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics, such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Communicate directly with management and the development team regarding test objectives, requirements, and results.
- Propose suggestions for improvements to the current QA process.
- Proactively mentor junior QA team members
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant SQA experience with automated testing, along with functional, integration, and regression testing, in an Agile/Scrum development environment, preferably SAFe.
- Experience testing both desktop and web applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java and experience with a scripting language, such as Python.
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks, such as Selenium.
- Experience with performance and load testing.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database management systems.
- Deep understanding of prevalent QA standards and methodologies, and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Proven excellence in solving complex problems related to software testing.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities