Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Why You Matter
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to help drive market awareness and adoption of our leading next-generation security solutions in the highly competitive market. In this key role, you will work with Sales, Product Management, Marketing Communications, and Demand Generation to drive differentiated positioning, messaging and associated programs that generate demand for our market leading products. Carbon Black is a fast-paced environment, and we are seeking someone in this role who can be innovative, rally a team, and make amazing things happen. We’re looking for someone who understands B2B buying cycles in the large enterprise, and has a passion for cybersecurity (even if you are new to the field).
What You’ll Do
- Develop compelling, differentiated positioning and messaging
- Play a key role in the development of go-to-market plans and integrated campaigns, in conjunction with the Demand Generation team
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Management to represent the voice of the market during strategic product planning
- Be a product evangelist and spokesperson, communicating with both internal and external stakeholders (partners, press, analysts) through social media, webcasts, briefings and product demonstrations.
- Work closely with Carbon Black’s Content and Communications teams to develop a continuous stream of compelling content that generates buzz and accelerates the buying process
- Thoroughly understand the IT security landscape, Carbon Black’s customers, buying triggers and influencers
- Support sales efforts through impactful training and enablement activities, identification of successful sales strategies, and the development of sales tools and assets.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in B2B enterprise software or related markets
- Assertive team player and team leader with the ability to positively influence without direct authority to drive deliverables
- Strong analytical skills and enthusiasm for data-driven marketing
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing customer-facing messaging and content
- Self-motivated, organized, and a strategic thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field. MBA a plus
- Experience in SaaS / Cloud businesses and business models a plus.
- Security industry experience desired, but not required. Must be technically savvy.
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company