Senior Product Marketing Manager
Wednesday January 09, 2013
The Senior Product Marketing Manager role at Acquia is the face of the product and primary advocate to the market and the field. Acquia is looking for the next marketing rockstar, responsible for evangelizing Acquia solutions to the market in the form of speaking engagements, webinars, customer briefings and other public facing activities. To support these efforts, the Senior Product Marketing Manager will lead cross functional product launches via the development of market positioning, messaging, web content, and collateral for multiple Acquia products that role into a solutions Go-To-Market. The role will also work closely with product management and vertical marketing owners to determine market requirements and strategy.
We are seeking an experienced product marketing professional to join our Marketing team to support our Drupal Solutions offerings in the areas of Web Experience Management and Social Business Software.
- 3-4 years experience in a product marketing / product management role
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Specific experience in the digital marketing and web platform market space. Ideal candidate will understand Web Content management, CMS and social software markets, as well as needs of digital marketing organizations.
- Demonstrated track record developing messaging and positioning for web software products, including market research and all collateral development.
- Experience managing marketing activities across multiple software products.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, software knowledge, and experience in marketing enterprise level software are all requirements.
- Public speaking experience is a must, at both in-person events, including conferences, tradeshows, and developer camps, and online events, specifically webinars and virtual conferences.
- Work Ethic: Working for the fastest growing software company in the Inc 500 is exciting and challenging. Looking for someone who is relentless in the pursuit of taking great products to market.
- Quantitative by Nature: You use facts and data to make your decisions and articulate the decisions you’ve made.
- An Expert: You strive to be the market, product, and competitive expert. Internal stakeholders such as sales, marketing, and executives go to you for expertise and recommendations.
- The Great Communicator: You communicate and share knowledge of the product and solutions at both a macro and micro level as needed.
- Leadership: As a cross functional leader, you are a self starter in the face of ambiguous goals/opportunities.
- Influence: Ability to spot opportunities and influence the larger team to get behind big ideas.
- Nimble: You are quick to pivot and course correct as needed in the face of dynamic market conditions.
- Competitive: You want to win, but hold ethics in the highest regard and want to win the right way.
- Development of messaging and positioning for Acquia products, working closely with product management and R&D to translate product capabilities into features and benefits for customers.
- Work closely with Product Management to perform market research to evaluate potential requirements and shape future product direction.
- Create and deliver customer-facing presentations, including in-person speaking engagements and live webinars.
- Engage with industry analysts to educate them on Acquia products and research market trends to drive product direction.
- Develop go-to-market programs in conjunction with Marketing Programs team to generate leads and meet quarterly objectives. Create all web content, product videos, product collateral and sales training materials required in execution of GTM programs.
- Plan, develop and deliver product webinars. Responsibilities include planning and scheduling of webinars to match quarterly marketing objectives, writing webinar abstracts, creating and delivering webinar presentations.
- Work closely with content and public relations team to develop and execute content strategies to generate media / blogger interest in Acquia products.
- Act as spokesperson for solutions to both digital marketing and IT audiences and generate byline content for media distribution.
- Develop case studies and customer briefs – working with sales and customers to coordinate customer case studies.
- Train the Acquia sales team on product and solutions capabilities, positioning in the market versus competitors and effective solutions selling strategies.
- Assist the field with customer engagements focusing on detailed product information and demonstrations as required for competitive deals.
- Work with Acquia partners to plan product-specific GTM activities with key partners including whitepapers, case studies, blogs, trade shows, advertising, and joint marketing/ selling strategies.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reporting of marketing metrics
- Travel required: 25%