Senior Product Manager, Social Media
Tuesday February 05, 2013
141 Needham St
Why this role is Awesome: You will combine your Sr. Product Management skills and online user experience to enhance the consumer experience on TripAdvisor.
Travel is better with friends. With 50 million unique monthly visitors, TripAdvisor is the world’s largest social travel site. Come help us make the trip planning experience a richer and more social experience.
TripAdvisor is hiring an experienced Social Media Product Manager to work in our Newton ,MA office. This position reports to the Reporting to the Director, Product, we are seeking a smart Product Manager to help us build out the next phase of our social integration. The candidate will be an innovator who understands how to craft a vision, define products, and drive concepts from the business requirements to implementation, and who will combine strategic and operational skills to enhance and grow our social product platform.
What You'll Do:
- Identify opportunities and levers to enhance the user experience and drive consumer engagement
- Research and analyze the key performance indicators across key traffic sources with the goal of maximizing consumer engagement and enhancing the user experience
- Lead cross-functional teams to define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage the development, implementation and evolution of the website experience
- Provide recommendations for the best user experiences and product enhancements with the goal of delighting the traveler
- Collaborate with design and technical development in creating key product improvements and experiences.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
- Develop use cases, requirements, and page mock-ups for new website enhancements.
- Ensure quality assurance testing is performed prior to go-live launch of new features
- Assist in managing prioritization of new website enhancements and bug/fixes
- Monitoring the competitive landscape, identifying and leading relevant market, site and consumer research needs
Desired Skills & Experience
What We Seek:
- Minimum 6-8 relevant years experience including at least 2+ years experience in product management at a leading internet company
- Demonstrated consumer mind-set with preference for candidates who have built out social experiences or worked with Facebook platform
- Specific experience in successfully developing and managing new product launches including a proven ability to champion products and drive to key decisions
- Experienced business judgment, BS/BA required, MBA preferred
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Highly detail-oriented and analytic skills absolutely required
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 56 million unique monthly visitors*, and over 75 million reviews and opinions. The sites operate in 30 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also operates TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to TripAdvisor's millions of monthly visitors. TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 19 other travel media brands, and together the sites attract more than 69 million unique monthly visitors**.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, Worldwide, May 2012 **Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Inc. and its subsidiaries, Worldwide, May 2012 ©2012 TripAdvisor, Inc. All rights reserved. TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
***NO RECRUITERS PLEASE***