Senior Manager, Product Management - Business
EdX is searching for an experienced product management leader to define, refine and implement product strategy for the edX Business team. The Business team comprises two distinct product lines: (1) edX White Label, which supports some of the world’s foremost academic institutions with their own digital learning sites running on the edX platform, and (2) edX for Business, delivering digital learning to enterprises which need to train and retain high-performing employees in a rapidly-changing global economy.
As the Senior Manager, Product Management, you will be responsible for overall product strategy for the Business team. Reporting to the Vice President of Product, you will ensure that the Business team is aligned with, and appropriately influences, overall product strategy. As a product team lead, you will be part of the edX Product Development Leadership team, helping to ensure that our ability to meet customer needs is constantly improving. You will also lead and grow the Business product team, and act as a coach and mentor to product managers across the company.
In addition to leading the team, you will also play a hands-on role as product owner for one of the team’s business lines. You will understand deeply, and champion, the unique needs of WHite Label and edX for Business customers. You will monitor and analyze market conditions, assess the competitive and technology landscape, and gather input from stakeholders to evaluate, size and prioritize market segment opportunities to inform the product roadmap. You will manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the roadmap is well-understood.
- Overall product strategy for the edX Business team
- Influence the overall edX product strategy to ensure Business customers are well-served, and identify opportunities to leverage Business product to enhance the overall edX experience
- Define and deliver against the roadmap for one of the Business team’s products, in partnership with UX, Partner Management, Marketing, and multiple engineering teams.
- Drive prioritization of the right initiatives, identifying and solving the most important customer problems first.
- Find ways to accelerate time to value with edX engineering and the Open edX community.
- Measure progress toward goals and achieve target outcomes.
- Interact directly with White Label partner leadership and course teams, edX Partner Management, edX Sales and Business Development,, other product managers, and stakeholders from across the company to understand emerging product needs and incorporate these into the roadmap.
- Define the engineering backlog, technical requirements, product requirements that will achieve the desired outcomes.
- Define MVP, examine tradeoffs, and manage risks.
- Work with engineering teams to define the execution plans for the user stories.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager at a software company, preferably overseeing complex, new to market products.
- Experience operating and thriving in a fast-paced, high-growth, results oriented, hands-on environment.
- Experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, and other artifacts related to Agile.
- Experience leading product teams that partner effectively with engineering, UX and a broad set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Be data driven and iterative - has audacious hypothesis, yet invests in testing and learning along the way.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, especially in web technologies.
- Experience with education technology a plus
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to multiple audiences including C-level executives
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.