Senior Interactive Developer - Multiple Openings
Thursday December 06, 2012
Sapient Global Markets
40 Fulton Street
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front lines of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. We offer the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
As a Senior Interactive Developer at Sapient Global Markets, you would be responsible for developing interactive web based, mobile, and/or desktop applications using Industry best practices to deliver high value and quality to Global Markets clients. The Interactive Developer works closely with Visual Designers and Application Developers to build highly efficient, user-friendly, interfaces.
You would evaluate and recommend appropriate usage of Rich-UI components and capabilities to enhance the user experience. You would also be responsible for leading key tracks/ teams and mentoring team members in key Interactive technologies. The Senior Interactive Developer also manages clients and represents Sapient Global Markets’ expertise and thought leadership in Interactive technologies and applications.
- Provide context and guidance for integration and implementation of Front End Interfaces
- Develop standards compliant mark-up and code for web sites and applications
- Develop mobile sites and applications across a broad range of devices, and mobile operating systems using a blend of existing frameworks and custom code
- Implement complex Ajax interactions
- Apply knowledge of emerging technologies (HTML5, CSS3, Canvas 2d API, Geolocation, WebGL) to create best of breed solutions for our clients and partners
- Understand the limits of emerging technologies and be able to present support guidance and optimal solutions for non-compliant user agents
- Integrate Social Media plug-ins and APIs like FB, TW, YT, etc.
- Understand and work around common issues like browser security issues, iframe to iframe communication, https requests
- Work on CMS based environment e.g. Stellent, Interwoven, Hybris/Endeca
- Use Sapient SA3 development methodology to track and deliver components
- Define and parse valid data interchange structures to integrate with back end services
- Produce, re-purpose creative assets using toolsets like Adobe Photoshop/ Illustrator
- Use standard toolsets to develop, validate and test code (Qunit, Jasmine)
- Understand, implement and advocate front end performance
- Manage small to medium sized team and resolve issues and dependencies in the team; coach and mentor the team to help deliver to the client expectation
- Execute processes setup for the team by reviewing standards and frameworks for effective integration, track the plan and activities for the team; report next steps to Project Management team
- Function in a Global Delivery Environment
- Provide technology and implementation expertise to domain, projects, or client
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge in emerging technologies; participate in knowledge sharing and lessons learnt sessions from project experiences
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Strong experience in developing standards compliant, CSS based layouts
- Must dominate at least one of the following libraries: jQuery, Dojo, YUI
- Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues and how they relate to development
- Accessibility and 508 compliance a plus
- Good working knowledge of the Adobe suite of products
- Strong graphics manipulation/optimization skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Strong organizational and estimation skills
- Heroic get-it-done attitude, a team player and good communicator
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and manage time efficiently
- Effectively allocate work to junior team members
- Experience working on large branded websites a plus
- Experience working with CMS, Portal technologies, and/or backend frameworks (Java, .NET) a plus
- Travel may be required
For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation.
Sapient is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role, which include hearing, speaking, typing, and occasionally moving and/or lifting up to 15 pounds.