What You’ll Do
You’ll be leading a fast-growing software development team and working directly with senior product and design staff to build, ship, and iterate amazing travel products. You’ll lead and own the front end, working in a collaborative environment to design and implement scalable ecommerce solutions. You’ll shape the PlacePass experience and articulate our vision for the brand via user interface, front end, and web application development. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from and work with people across the organization.
You’ll take the lead and help us...
- Define and execute our front end technology vision
- Translate agile development stories into reusable, composable units of functionality
- Create object-oriented pattern libraries for separation of concerns, code reusability, security and performance
- Apply techniques to optimize page speed load, including minification, compression, image caching
- Test concepts and enhance conversion through usability studies, A/B tests, prototyping and other research
- Evaluate traffic, and recommend content and user flow changes
- Champion best UI/UX practices and help mentor/develop team members and new hires
If you are....
- Excited to build rich, scalable, performant UIs
- Hungry to learn more about the fast-moving travel technology space
We want to hear from you!
- At Least 3 Years of experience – ideally in a high growth consumer facing startup setting
- Experience with MVC / MVVM frameworks or other design patterns
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Keen eye for design and obsessive attention to detail
- Proven track record of delivering operable and maintainable software
- Proven ability to meet or exceed tight deadlines
Who We Are
PlacePass is a team of entrepreneurs, travelers, and tech geeks. Our mission is helping people find and book great things to do in any destination. We’re building technology to transform the way people travel.
We got our start in February 2016 (there’s nothing like a cold Boston winter to inspire serious wanderlust) and we’ve been growing ever since. In addition to building PlacePass.com, we’re working with Marriott to power a tour and activity booking solution for their guests .
We’re a small but mighty group of travel and tech enthusiasts who can’t believe we get paid to help people discover great experiences. We play foosball. We travel. We’ve been known to throw paint balloons at each other. We code like crazy. Sound like something you could get behind? Let’s chat.
Where we come from
Members of our team attended the following schools:
- University of Connecticut
- Cornell University
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- University of Houston
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Northeastern University
- Purdue University
- Stanford University
- University of Texas at Austin
- Texas Southern University
- Tufts University
- Yale University
- Opportunity to work with an incredible team in a fast-growth environment
- Travel credit
- Competitive salaries and health insurance
- Catered weekly lunches
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Friday happy hours