The Senior Director, Business Intelligence & Big Data is responsible for the strategic planning, vision and execution of data and analytics technology platforms at Endurance. As part of the leadership team, the Senior Director will architect and build an enterprise data strategy and a data platform driven from an expansive integrated product portfolio. This senior position will also partner with leaders across the business and with the business analytics team to deliver accurate and timely insights. Additionally, the senior director will be responsible for working with stakeholders to understand KPIs and enable performance management reporting, establish a self-service delivery capability and support ad hoc reporting. The position reports to the global head of product and technology.
- Lead the enterprise big data/BI/data warehouse teams, establishing the vision of the team while providing mentorship and oversight.
- Architect an enterprise data platform strategy.
- Build an enterprise data platform largely driven by an integrated and large product portfolio.
- Develop and maintain the systems and processes for the tracking, measurement, reporting, and analyzing Endurance’s business.
- Review existing analytic processes to identify best practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with executives and stakeholders across the business to develop measurement strategies, track, report and analyze the success of Endurance’s programs and progress toward business goals.
- Partner with product development and product management to integrate our business intelligence systems
- Collaborate with Finance on transaction and revenue reporting and business-health metrics
- Define the next generation of data platform technologies and solutions to enable the company vision.
- Lead the continued development of Endurance’s data platform, with responsibility for the company’s growing data warehouse environment, business intelligence tools, and system integrations
- Produce standard reporting and business intelligence solutions for use by key stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Work with program managers to define actionable reporting solutions
- Prioritize and manage overall schedule and portfolio of projects, communicate timelines to internal clients, work with senior personnel and project managers to deal with issues and rem
- Proven leadership of Business Intelligence projects in fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Working knowledge of leading edge business intelligence best practices and concepts, e.g. predictive modeling, advanced analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated ability working with data warehouses and data marts designed to support marketing and customer analytics, data integration and ETL and BI reporting tools
- Ability to lead time sensitive business critical projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Proficient with MS Office, Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint
- BS or BA in Engineering or related field. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years experience and a proven track record for developing consistently innovative customer information systems designed to support analytics
- Hands-on experience leading teams through the entire software development lifecycle of an analytic solution. Working knowledge of requirements and design best practices, including data modeling, data transformation and dashboard design.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with big data concepts and solutions such as data lakes, Hadoop, IBM Big Insights, public clouds, etc.
- Experience with managing a cloud-based analytics platform, AWS preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in data modeling.
- Knowledge of leading business intelligence tools, such as Hadoop, MS Power BI, IBM Cognos, Tableau, SAS, and SPSS
- 10+ years in personnel management / leadership capacity