Shoes.com is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Infrastructure and Security team. While the role is strongly focused on DevOps with a goal to automate everything, the role also requires strong technical generalist skills, outside of DevOps, such as networking, Windows and Active Directory Administration, Database administration, and physical server builds and support - the broader your knowledge the better. The role will also support of the 24x7 uptime of the shoes.com e-commerce website and supporting infrastructure.
While having a strong Operations and support group, shoes.com’s DevOps effort is relatively nascent. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor and help define the processes of the department. Where we are going is clear, but how we are getting there is up to us and you can help decide. If you are looking to settle into a “care and feeding role” then this is not the job for you.
This role may be for you if you have:
- Strong DevOps background with demonstrable skills using configuration automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or the like
- Strong Scripting skills in one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, Bash, or Powershell. A coding exercise will need to be submitted during the hiring process
- Linux system administration skills
- Strong understanding of CI/CD principles and practice
- Strong skills in documentation and creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), preferred experience in Confluence
- Working in either Scrum or Kanban work flows to manage tasks, and track progress
- A deep understanding of Virtualization, capacity planning, performance and recovery
- Experience with Full SDLC of packaged and custom applications
- A inherent understanding and desire for building repeatable processes that are strengthened with a robust suite of Unit Testing
- Strong skills with systems monitoring and alerting as well as website monitoring and alerting
- Ability to switch between being a single contributor driving projects to completion with minimal guidance and being a team player that is willing and able to collaborate, teach, document, and share as needed
- Understanding of networking principles - basic routing, subnetting, Layer 2 vs Layer 3 basics, etc.
Nice to Haves
- MySQL or Oracle skills
- Experience with Active Directory and other Windows Server technologies
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Java, JVM Tuning and management and Perl
- Strong networking skills
- History in secure server environments (HIPAA, PCI, Telecom, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Deployments and physical deployments (AWS, Azure, Rackspace)
You'll want to work at shoes.com because:
Formerly Shoebuy.com, shoes.com is a leading online destination for top styles from the best brands, at great prices. Offering more than a million products from over 800 brands, shoes.com is the one-stop shop for the latest in footwear, clothing, and accessories. Whether customers are looking for the hottest fashion trends or hard-to-find sizes, shoes.com has shoppers covered—from toe to head.
Established in 2000, shoes.com is headquartered in Boston, MA. In 2016 the company was acquired by Jet.com ─ a next-generation ecommerce marketplace dedicated to saving shoppers more money. The synergy of this acquisition is creating record growth and expansion of the shoes.com brand. Learn more at shoes.com, and stay connected on social media – visit our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram (@shoesdotcom), Twitter (@shoesdotcom), and Pinterest. Plus, download our app. Shoes.com is shopping made easy!