We are looking for an energetic and talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our fun and engaging engineering teams in delivering high quality software to our customers. The Senior DevOps Engineer will work with the Development, QA, and Technical Operations teams to ensure timely, high quality builds and deployments and on-going management of the applications in all production and non-production environments.
Additional Position Selling Points:
Opportunity to Build: Due to our rapid growth and expansion, you will have the unique opportunity to develop processes, build structure, etc. as we continue to expand our organization.
Entrepreneurial Culture: You will be working with serial entrepreneurs that value innovative market approaches and strong critical thinking abilities.
Growth Market: We provide a fast-growing software solutions to the hottest industry vertical – Healthcare - with very little direct competition.
Work/Life: I know. Every organization says they have a great work/life culture BUT . . . Our clients pay us for results (not work hours), we provide complete autonomy to deliver results that seamlessly fit into your lifestyle.
Reporting directly to our Director of SaaS Operations and IT Support, this position will be located at our modern Woburn, MA Headquarters.
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Manage, improve, and automate the on-going build process
- Be responsible for turning up environments as required and for ensuring high availability of the applicationin the production environment
- Own responsibility for monitoring and maintaining all components of the application in the production environment, including integrations with third parties such as job boards and applicant tracking systems
- Be the first point of contact for system administrators in case of production issues. May need to be on call
- Write/modify code to support integrations to third-party services
- Identify and execute on opportunities for process optimization including automation where appropriate
- Identify and execute on opportunities for performance optimization, especially related to MySQL/PostgreSQL, SOLR/Lucene
- Coordinate and assist where necessary/appropriate with production releases including code check-ins, code freeze, QA testing, and deployment
- Coordinate the migration of code to our production environment in AWS
- Deep knowledge of Linux and NginX/Apache administration and configuration
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Ruby and Rails framework (or Python)
- Understands database design concepts, as well as the implications of different database designs; experience programming with and deploying MySQL/PostgreSQL within the Rails framework
Experience with the following tools/technologies:
- AWS, Linux, Ubuntu
- MySQL, PostGreSQL, Redis, NoSQL
- Ruby, Java
- Github, Git
- Solid understanding of all facets of Web applications
- A solid understanding of security concepts and strategies and how they relate to Web applications
- Experience with unit testing and test suites (ideal)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in designing and building high performance web based applications
- Minimum 2 years actively automating infrastructure services/release management process
- Experience with AWS is a definite plus
- Performance testing and monitoring web applications in Linux platform would be ideal
With more than 3,000 healthcare clients, HealthcareSource is the leading provider of talent management solutions for the healthcare industry. The HealthcareSource Quality Talent SuiteSMhelps healthcare organizations build a Patient-Centered WorkforceTM by selecting, aligning, continuously developing and retaining highly-engaged people. The company’s cloud-based platform of software, content, services and analytics includes applicant tracking, reference checking, behavioral and skills-based competency assessments, compensation analysis, performance and learning management, eLearning courseware, education and advisory services. A private company focused exclusively on the healthcare industry, HealthcareSource consistently earns high marks for client satisfaction and retention. HealthcareSource has been regularly ranked as a leader by KLAS Research for Talent Management, in addition to recognition in Healthcare Informatics 100, Modern Healthcare’s “Healthcare’s Hottest,” Inc. 500|5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and Becker’s “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” list.
HealthcareSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or veteran status.