Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Why You Matter
We are seeking a motivated Senior Data Management Engineering that will play an integral role in Carbon Black’s emerging Enterprise Information Management (EIM) Team. This person will be responsible, in conjunction with other team members, for defining and assembling our Corporate Data Model, designing and implementing our Master Data Management and Data Quality Services programs and ensuring the data quality in our Corporate Data Warehouse. As a candidate for this position you should be passionate about data management, have working knowledge of data governance and a functional knowledge of data quality frameworks and well as practical experience with ETL, MDM and Data Warehouse technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Work with data producers and critical downstream consumers to identify and document data elements that are most critical to conduct business.
- Develop, normalize and maintain data terms and definitions, ensuring that each key data element has a clear and unambiguous definition that applies to its usage across the entire organization.
- Engage with stakeholders to facilitate the availability of high-quality, trusted data as a strategic asset in support of operational effectiveness and decision making.
- Design and Build ETL Transforms from Operational Systems to Staging Database to Data Warehouse
- Participate in the development of all 3 layers of the Corporate Data Model (Conceptual, Logic, Physical)
- Maintain supporting business metadata including data ownership, systems of record, synonyms, reporting dependencies, reference data dependencies, etc.
What You’ll Bring
- Knowledgeable in the concepts associated with MDM services and Data Modeling & detailed understanding of data management best practices in areas such as metadata management, data quality management, root cause analysis, process design and master and reference data management
- Proficiency in SQL is required along with experience using SSIS and SSRS; Experience with one or more Scripting Languages (experience with PowerShell a plus); Experience in process design, data profiling and analysis, metadata management, data quality testing, and data governance tools
- Prior Data Governance or Data Stewardship experience preferred
- Strong leadership and organizational awareness with ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Management Information Systems; 10+ years’ work experience; 5+ years’ experience in Data Quality Management
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.