TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Why this job is excellent:
As a Manager, Data Analytics in the traffic acquisition team, you will leverage data to deliver analysis, insight and automation that will contribute to driving revenue growth for TripAdvisor’s online marketing program. TripAdvisor operates at scale globally with over 500 million reviews, opinions, photos, and videos reaching over 400 million unique visitors each month. We are a data driven company, and we have lots and lots of data!
You will work closely with marketing channel owners, measurement and experimentation, and bidding and targeting teams, as well as other stakeholders across the business. TripAdvisor provides a unique work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a start-up, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
The Online Marketing team is part of the larger traffic acquisition group and is responsible for a variety of online paid advertising channels. To do our job well, we need to know a lot about the traveler and we need to know a lot about our marketing channel’s capabilities and limits. The data analyst helps the team understand the channel’s performance in greater detail, the site behavior of the users who engage with our ads, the cross-device behavior of the users and anticipate the needs of the business and find opportunities to grow revenue. This is a “big data” job – sifting through lots of data to identify the growth opportunities, diagnose issues, be it on our site or on our marketing channels, all in support of an effective online marketing program. It is also a programming job – when needed, building the infrastructure needed to analyze and automate the data and reporting. This is a hands-on job for someone who wants to solve important business problems that depend on “big data” analysis. The job requires both serious technical chops and effective communication skills. Sometimes you will build the solution yourself, and sometimes you will be coordinating the efforts of others, but at all times you will be expected to think creatively about solving the business problem.
What we seek:
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Analyst supporting an ecommerce organization
- Solid RDBMS operational knowledge with outstanding SQL skills
- Ability to transform raw, noisy log level data into useful business fact tables
- Solid database design skills
- ETL expertise
- Proficient in Tableau (or other similar data visualization tools) to analyze data and publish self-service dashboards
- Computer Science expertise – algorithms, data structures, preferably 2+ years programming experience (Python, R, or Java)
- A natural affinity for math, especially for statistics
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs
- Ability to come up to speed quickly in order to understand and coordinate the work of domain experts.
- Strong sense of responsibility: taking pride in your work, leveraging others, owning the problem
- The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to changing priorities. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and tenacity while working independently. Must be comfortable in a goal-driven and results-oriented environment requiring little supervision and the willingness to be accountable for analysis and resulting recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments, and team leaders within the business to achieve your objectives.
- And you love, and we mean love, data