Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
Our legal team works hard in a collaborative, all-inclusive environment where good ideas and a positive attitude are the currency of success.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, the Senior Counsel supports business activities at all of our locations, with a focus on domestic and international commercial transactions. You will be primarily responsible for drafting and negotiating Distribution, Reseller, SAAS, Professional Service and License Agreements; but you will also provide legal assistance on a variety of other legal matters.
What You’ll Do
- Drafting and negotiation of a variety of contracts both US and international, specifically: SAAS Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Distribution Agreements.
- Advise on Data Privacy and Data Security matters
- Collaborating with Product teams to continue to grow best in class SAAS offerings
- General legal work as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- Law degree and active bar membership in the United States with a minimum of 10 years’ experience;
- In-house experience in a fast-paced SAAS Company environment;
- Extensive knowledge and experience addressing Data Privacy matters and GDPR requirements;
- Proven track record working collaboratively with sale and finance;
- Experience closing sophisticated and complex transaction with multinational companies;
- Experience working with Distribution and Channels Sales
- Key Attributes: Team player; Positive, “Can Do” attitude and ability to adjust to rapid change/pace; Comfort in a “start-up/tech company” environment; Strong communication and writing skills; Ability to work autonomously.
Knowledge and/or experience with the following is a plus:
- SEC Requirements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Patent and Trademarks
- Federal Procurement
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.