Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer you will have a hand in project management, operations and communications across all lines of business at Carbon Black. You’ll become a trusted advisor among the CRO’s leadership team and interface regularly with Carbon Black’s Executive . You’ll partner with senior leadership to help drive strategy and data-driven decisions. Your strong communication skills will enable cross functional stakeholders, external partners, customers and press to be informed and tightly connected to the organization. You’ll be expected to be in this role for 18-24 months, where you’ll work hard, learn a lot and scale a ton. For the right individual, this is a powerhouse of a career accelerator.
What You’ll Do
As a respected right hand to the CRO you’ll provide baseline support for the CRO’s daily interactions with Sales, Channel, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, Customer Service & Support and the Compliance team, as well as with a number of groups outside of the org.
- Contribute to content and materials for Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews and additional business reviews & meetings on an ad-hoc basis, working closely with Finance and Sales Operations
- Participate and lead various ongoing and special projects as
- Prepare materials for daily meetings, including agendas, research, slides, and reports and distribute summaries
- Drive action items for our CRO and other stakeholders; follow up as necessary with relevant parties to keep action items and projects moving forward
- Facilitate objective setting, tracking, and review for Thomas and his direct
- Contribute to internal communications by being eyes and ears in the organization and offering additional points of view.
What You'll Bring
- Industry knowledge along with the ability to understand key industry trends
- Cross-functional context around how Carbon Black works and how to successfully navigate the organization
- Understanding of Revenue Organization, ideally with time spent working in a role in the org
- Experience in roles oriented around program/process/project management within the Business (ideally with experience managing cross-functional projects with senior stakeholders)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to quickly synthesize and repackage information
- Strong project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- A motivated self-starter with a high energy level and a do what it takes attitude
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative and resilience
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.