Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Monday August 20, 2012
The Ironside Group is seeking intelligent, passionate and driven
individuals to join the ranks of their renowned Business Intelligence
solution delivery team. The candidate will be expected to deliver
high-quality Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing consulting
services to a broad range of high-profile clients that range from
start-ups to Fortune 100.
For the career-minded candidate, this
position offers tremendous opportunity to gain applied technology
experience at an unparalleled pace and progress rapidly to higher levels
within our consulting organization.
The main focus of this
position entails assisting clients with the development and deployment
of the full range of IBM Cognos enterprise-wide Business Intelligence
tools with an understanding of data modeling and ETL tasks related to
these applications. The individual will be expected to work with clients
across multiple markets and industries often playing several different
roles within a project lifecycle.
strategic and tactical guidance with respect to IBM Cognos business
intelligence implementation and sustainment practices and within
organizations of all industries, shapes and sizes.
- Manage both internal and external resources, timelines, and milestones across a vertical set of industries.
a variety of roles with a high degree of proficiency throughout an IBM
Cognos BI project lifecycle: Solution Architect, Resource Manager,
Project Manager, Report Developer, Metadata Modeler, OLAP Developer,
- Collaborate with Data Architects and ETL Developers to
design or enhance data warehouse models for the purpose of high
performance business analytics.
- Provide detailed documentation and knowledge-transfer services to customers.
participate in the software pre-sales activities which include
development of customer proof-of-concept solutions and technical feature
- Collaborate with Principal Consultants to prepare project estimates, timelines and proposals.
- Be a coach and mentor to your junior peers at the Ironside Group.
- Never stop learning new technologies and strive to become a thought leader in all facets of Business Intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field.
- 4+ Years of experience designing and developing enterprise business intelligence solutions.
comprehension and experience in dimensional data modeling concepts, as
well as data warehouse design and lifecycle management principles.
experience in designing and implementing enterprise business
intelligence solutions using IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects,
Microstrategy, Microsoft, QlikTech or similar.
- Working knowledge of major database platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Teradata)
- Master-level proficiency in SQL programming and common query optimization techniques.
skills in User Interface (UI) and/or User Experience (UX) design,
problem solving, high customer standards and dedication to accurate
- Experience in designing and developing OLAP
solutions using IBM Cognos Transformer (PowerCube),TM1, MSAS or similar
is highly coveted
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Regional travel required.
- The opportunity to join and grow an ever expanding professional network of high profile clients and reputable colleagues.
passionate and approachable leadership team that encourages an
entrepreneurial frame of mind and welcomes contribution to business
development from all members of the team.
- A challenging, dynamic
and rewarding work environment which fosters rapid professional growth
in a space that is at the forefront of information technology.
unparalleled opportunity to gain in depth operational experience across
a variety of industries and organizational departments.
- The opportunity to explore and put into practice cutting edge technology on a regular basis.
- An incentivized development program that enhances your skill set with professional training and certifications.
- Competitive merit-based compensation and bonus packages that rapidly reward passionate and driven team members.
company culture, with big company benefits: 4 Weeks PTO (5 Weeks after 5
Years), PPO, Dental, Life, IRA with matching funds.
- A work
hard/play hard, familial culture that loves to get together whenever we
can for great food (and drink), sporting events, etc. We are equal parts
passionate about our people and our work and we like to enjoy ourselves
while doing it.
Founded in 1999, The
Ironside Group is widely regarded as a market leader and perennial
innovator in the ever-growing Business Analytics space. We continually
uphold our reputation of delivering the highest quality solutions by way
of only the most qualified and experienced consultants and we're
looking for the best and brightest to join those ranks and rapidly grow
within our tight-knit community.