Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 4,150 organizations across 90 countries, including 34% of the Fortune 1000. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior business intelligence analyst to drive insight for key business stakeholders, across our internal functional areas. This role will be accountable for providing accurate, timely and high-impact analysis from the board room to the individual cubicle. Working in tandem with our operations teams, this analyst will provide analytic, data, and reporting support to help enhance business decision making and increase operational efficiency.
The ideal rockstar candidate will be an inquisitive learner with a passion for data and analytics who can effectively collaborate with stakeholders across functional areas to review and optimize current reporting, analytics, and data structure/data capture all while aligning to corporate objectives. As a senior analyst you will take a leadership role in coaching and enabling your peers and stakeholders alike, while balancing and prioritizing your personal workload. This role requires a mixture of business acumen and technical expertise, along with an ability to build strong partnerships with business partners. Success in the role will require a self-starter with a passion for collaborating with others to solve problems.
- Drive consistency in reporting and analysis across the company, reinforcing process, increasing visibility, enhancing accountability, and acting as a key point of communication between stakeholder teams
- Act as a key contributor in providing analytical support, data, recommendations and analysis to our business stakeholders, with a core focus on sales analysis, customer purchasing behavior and customer health
- Provide data, analysis & recommendations for corporate weekly, quarter-end and year-end milestones such as weekly Sales Forecast, quarterly business reviews, Rapid7’s 10-K, 10-Q and quarterly Investor Call.
- Strong focus on simplifying processes, identifying stakeholder teams’ core KPIs and performing diagnostic analysis
- Support the analytic needs of the business using data from various source systems & databases (e.g. CRM, HRIS, marketing automation, Web Analytics, Telephony, AWS, etc).
- Provide clear visualizations and present analyses to management and executive-level stakeholders, using Business Intelligence tools and predictive analytics to drive key decisions
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses of data;
- Provide recommendations to Business Intelligence leadership on best practices and the continual improvement in business intelligence & systems landscape at Rapid7
- Takes a senior role on the team providing leadership and support to other team members
- Accountable to team goals, promoting tool adoption and enablement of end-users
- Ad-hoc analysis as required to aid management decision making and business planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business, Economics, or related discipline required, MBA preferred
- At least 4 years work experience in a job that required regular business analytics; high tech, software, or mgmt. consulting company preferred
- Strong experience with and understanding of Netsuite, Salesforce.com, or similar CRM/ERP systems required, experience with Salesforce Wave Analytics a plus
- Strong business acumen, possessing the ability to understand cross-functional trends, and how those trends impact corporate KPIs
- Must be a fast learner with high attention to detail and possess a passion for data, data quality & business analytics
- Must have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, utilizing data to tell a story
- A strong work-ethic and customer service orientation is required
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience creating reporting and analytics within BI Tools such as Tableau, Domo, Qlik, Spotfire or related BI Tool
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite; experience R, Python, and/or SAS a plus