Shoes.com is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst with a proven track record of building high quality, scalable products for the web. You should be a leader, excelling in communication, ownership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity within a fast growing business to help shape the product and the business.
The ideal candidate will work in conjunction with the Technology Management team and all business units to develop and drive best practices associated with requirements gathering and translating business needs into effective technology solutions. The candidate must be intensely motivated and have the drive, stamina and perseverance to deliver solid products with broad business impact in an accelerating environment.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who will bring excitement, energy and passion to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task environment, while employing best-in-class analysis practices. Additionally, you’ll need to be detail-oriented and thorough in your approach, but flexible enough to work within constraints such as time, resource and budget.
Upon coming on board you can expect to:
- Work as liaison among business units to drive requirements gathering and user acceptance process for assigned projects
- Elicit, identify, analyze, model and document customer requirements, ensuring they are understandable, complete, unambiguous, testable and meet the real needs of stakeholders
- Perform business analysis planning, including identification of appropriate stakeholders and information that must be obtained, prioritization of tasks based on business value, verification that all requirements support delivery of business value and objectives, and assessment of impact on all primary and secondary systems
- Work closely with developers, QA, and business end users to ensure technical compatibility and business process uniformity of current and future state technological systems
- Support the evaluation of third party solutions relative to business requirements & processes and lead formulation of solution recommendations
- Adopt and maintain standards in your documentation (via Confluence) for consistency
- Partner with the QA Team on knowledge transfer of requirements and validate that QA test plans provide 100% coverage of project/requirements and refine requirements as needed
This role may be for you if you have:
- 7+ years demonstrating your ability to lead and manage both internal and external clients
- 5+ years leading technical business analysts, working directly with developers and business sponsors, while clarifying ambiguity by probing boundaries and reaching consensus
- 5+ years demonstrating an expert ability to craft technical jargon and complex requirements into clean and concise documentation that rely not just on words, but pictures/diagrams
- Proven experience in the maintenance and managing of requirements, traceability matrices that must stand the test of time and be balanced with the need to deliver solutions efficiently
- An inherent belief that winning is only achieved via collaboration, which includes working iteratively with QA to build robust test plans, educating development resources and always looking forward are essential to your effectiveness is all in a day’s work
- Demonstrable experience with multiple projects of various sizes from large-scale to quick-turnaround initiatives, with the ability to manage scope and depth of those work products
- Experience with various software development lifecycle methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, Iterative Development)
- Excellent communication skills, intense attention to detail, strong problem identification and analytical skills and a relentless attention to finding solutions
- The ability to embrace shoes.com’s startup mentality with an interest in pushing the boundaries of web technologies, custom apps, mobile and customer experience
- Managing the predictability and quality of work products is a crucial trait both individually and collaboratively across team resources
- Familiarity with web-based issue tracking and documentation tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Strong project management skills including precise and effective communications with a proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
You'll want to work at shoes.com because:
Formerly Shoebuy.com, shoes.com is a leading online destination for top styles from the best brands, at great prices. Offering more than a million products from over 800 brands, shoes.com is the one-stop shop for the latest in footwear, clothing, and accessories. Whether customers are looking for the hottest fashion trends or hard-to-find sizes, shoes.com has shoppers covered—from toe to head.
Established in 2000, shoes.com is headquartered in Boston, MA. In 2016 the company was acquired by Jet.com ─ a next-generation ecommerce marketplace dedicated to saving shoppers more money. The synergy of this acquisition is creating record growth and expansion of the shoes.com brand. Learn more at shoes.com, and stay connected on social media – visit our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram (@shoesdotcom), Twitter (@shoesdotcom), and Pinterest. Plus, download our app. Shoes.com is shopping made easy!