Monday, August 14th, 2017
Senior Backend Developer
300 Trade CenterWoburn, MA 01801
We are seeking mid- to senior-level Software Engineers to join our multi-functional Agile team. Daring to think big while staying one step ahead of customers comes naturally to you and your track record of taking initiative proves it. You flourish by collaborating with your peers and participating in the design process with product owners. You'll bring your passion for writing clean, solid code to our highly scalable, hosted, high-transaction application. You'll utilize your experience with J2EE, Spring, Hibernate and MySQL. You enjoy taking on large problems and can't wait to join us in our mission to change the future of rail and the travel industry around the world.
- The analysis, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of software components, APIs, and integration modules.
- Devising techniques for better modularity, testability, install-ability and maintainability of J2EE applications
- Assisting in the overall architecture and design of the software.
- Interacting with the sales and consulting teams where appropriate to help win new customers and make existing customers successful with the software.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, develop written proposals/specifications, and write clean, scalable, readable and maintainable code.
- BSCS or equivalent required, plus 3-10 years’ hands-on experience
- Good knowledge of Java, J2EE, and relational databases required.
- Experience working on server-side enterprise software.
- Familiarity with issues of 3-tier application scalability and performance will be considered a strong plus.
- Familiarity and/or experience with the following is a plus: J2EE Application Servers, Oracle & MySQL DBMS, XML/XSL, Programming, Web Services, Spring, Hibernate.
SilverRail is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics.
Category: Software Engineering/QA