Senior Audio Electronics Engineer
The Senior Audio Electronics Engineer takes the lead role in the development of analog and digital circuitry required to support iZotope’s hardware audio products. Working with internal teams and external contractors, you take full responsibility for both the analog and digital circuit design.
Able to anticipate common challenges and tradeoffs in audio electronics development, you understand the overall product goals and translate that understanding into designs, circuits, prototypes and ultimately, a validated production product. You understand the new product introduction process and are able to support both the design and manufacturing stages of development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with internal development team and external contractors to design, develop and architect electronics for iZotope audio products.
- Maintain schematic diagrams, electronics BOM, circuit simulations and board layouts in support of product designs.
- Optimize electronics design for the best balance of economy, quality, reliability, safety, and sustainability.
- Define and develop research prototypes needed to support product goals.
- Assure products comply with appropriate regulatory and safety requirements.
- Work with external vendors and partners to stay current on new product offerings and technology advancements in audio and digital electronics.
- Collaborate with management and the development team to establish hardware technology goals
- Design and development support for manufacturing test fixtures
- BS in EE or related technical discipline
- 8+ years prior experience designing mixed signal analog and digital circuits
- 8+ years prior experience developing consumer electronics products from ideation through market release and sustainment.
- Ability to architect or oversee the architecture of a complete consumer product (power, digital, analog, user interface and communication systems)
- Prior experience with high gain, low noise electronics design techniques.
- Prior experience with RF design theory and techniques.
- Awareness of typical design for manufacturing issues, and electronics manufacturing process.
- Experience troubleshooting systems using common lab tools like oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and logic analyzers.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with peers as an integral part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Prior experience developing audio and/or music products
- Prior experience overseeing layout of PCBs
- Experience with Linux, Arm processors, and Git
- MS in EE
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have
a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio
enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations
who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of
highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we
create and listen to audio.