The Senior Analyst will be part of the CarGurus Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. Reporting to the VP of FP&A and working closely with the CFO and CarGurus executive leadership, you will be a key member of the team, with a focus on analysis and reporting.
This is not your traditional budgeting analyst role. This job is all about rolling up your sleeves, digging into the data, and proving that you’ve got the analytical horsepower to help drive decisions that are immediately impactful. This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations and process improvement, with a unique focus on data analytics. You will need to translate your insights into proposed actions in a logical, motivating and inspirational style. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, intelligence, intellectual curiosity, self-direction and tireless work ethic.
The ideal candidate will have experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing software company, and has experience with reporting aggregation from multiple data sources. You are a collaborative problem solver that looks to find high-leverage areas of the business to use data to drive improved business outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares analysis of CarGurus’ financial and operational performance focusing on KPI’s. Finalizes forecasts, reviews and reports on key business metrics.
- Communicates all of the above to the CarGurus’ VP of FP&A and CFO and collaborates with team on monthly metrics and financial reporting package to the Executive Management Team. Also assists with BOD presentations.
- Analyzes actual results vs. budgets/forecasts. Designs and implements special financial analysis, i.e. business cases.
- Performs highly complex analysis regarding the company’s financial performance.
- Works directly with functional VPs, Directors and other senior management providing specialized support for decision-making processes.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally working in corporate FP&A and supporting functional business leaders.
- Experience in designing and executing SQL queries.
- Advanced Excel skills are critical for strategic planning and operational modeling.
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- Able to demonstrate cross-functional collaboration and leadership skills.
- Able to collaborate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and seek innovative ways to creatively solve problems.
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS is preferred.
- SalesForce, NetSuite, Zuora experience or other CRM and ERP knowledge a plus.