iboss is looking for a Segment Marketing Manager with technical depth and strong market level knowledge about cybersecurity needs within private sector/commercial space. Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, this role will be instrumental in helping us to achieve our growth targets by shaping how we prioritize, position, and bring our technology to market within our various target segments. We’re in search of someone with high expectations of themselves and the people around them; a go-getter with a can-do attitude who is excited by a challenge and the opportunity to drive strategic initiatives.
As the Segment Marketing Manager for the private sector, you’ll be an expert on what’s important to our customers and prospects within the various private sector segments. You’ll define key buyers and influencers, and will influence and adapt product messaging to be most compelling for each vertical. Because of your expertise, you’ll help us differentiate our message and GTM strategies for the precise needs of each industry subsegment. In addition to being an expert on our current target verticals, you’ll also help us identify, define, and build out a plan to expand into new industry segments within the commercial market.
This role is highly cross-functional, ultimately giving you a great overview of the business and exposure to all aspects of the organization. A penchant for understanding segment nuance, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, is crucial.
- Conduct research to understand customer and prospect needs within the private sector space, identifying met and unmet needs and how the iboss platform and products fulfill them.
- Develop deep understanding the private sector audience and its subsegments, including the size of the market, industry trends, regulatory concerns, major customers and influencers within the segment, unique competitive environments, product & service requirements, etc.
- Conceive and drive cross-functional execution of segment -specific marketing campaigns
- Work collaboratively across Sales and Marketing to create and drive a consistent, compelling, and vertically-specific product message to market
- Evangelize the product by speaking at industry events or customer/partner meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing or a related discipline
- 4-6 years of segment marketing or product marketing experience in enterprise software, SaaS and/or managed services
- Experience and/or domain expertise in finance, healthcare, or related commercial field
- Experience in information security, specifically threat intelligence a big plus!
- Data-driven, analytical, and fact-based approach to making business recommendations and decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: the ability to speak knowledgeably, clearly and persuasively to a diverse range of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups and pull individuals together for common goals
- Willing to travel up to 25%
- Health, Vision, Dental, Chiropractic - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Free snacks
- Free on-site gym membership
- Close to public transportation
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job. iboss, Inc. is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas