Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
Our Scrum Master enables cross functional engineering teams to define and focus on the most valuable work, optimize their flow, and create the feedback loops necessary for learning. We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and serve as a catalyst to create an environment that produces motivated engineers that deliver high performance results.
You will work closely with developers, product owners, Operations & QA engineers and program managers. You will also own communicating the team’s progress and the solutions they are building and delivering to internal stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint and release planning, demos, retrospectives and other Scrum related meetings
- Actively identify impediments and work across the organization to remove them
- Identify techniques for effective product backlog management in partnership with product owners and help the team understand the need for clear and concise user stories
- Ensure Agile metrics are being tracked, monitor them for indications of current or potential problems, and assist the team to implement solutions to those problems
- Coach teams on agile technical practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Coach teams to higher levels of agile maturity at a pace that is sustainable by the team
- Model agile values and principles and encourage self-organization within the team.
What You’ll Bring
- Track record of success working with software engineering teams
- 5 years’ experience leading cross-functional technical teams as Scrum Master
- Deep understanding of agile and lean concepts and in depth knowledge of one or more agile frameworks, preferably from Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to work in an environment at a fast pace and with changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with various tools such as Jira, Confluence, Test Track and Aha!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar preferred
- Certified Scrum Master is preferred
- Experience transforming teams into agile and / or working with SAFe is a plus
You are a servant leader who easily gains respect from your team. You possess a willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done; the ability to foster team collaboration; enthusiasm and high-energy; assertiveness/ ability to ensure Agile & Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to; and a continual desire to advance your knowledge by learning new tools and techniques to coach a scrum team.
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.