Sales Executive, Employer
American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Sales Executive, Employer. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Sales Executive, Employer will play a critical role in Sales team. American Well is looking to add additional sales people to target telehealth opportunities in the Employer market. We are looking for people with deep experience working with Human Resources/Benefit Directors, targeting Employer groups of 5,000 people or more, familiar with their unique sales cycles and the decision making process. We are looking for candidates who have already established relations with the decision makers and can leverage them to introduce the power of telehealth services. Specifically, the Sales Executive, Employer will:
- Generate new product/services revenue.
- Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline and forecast necessary to achieve sales objectives and achieve revenue goals.
- Position yourself as the matter expert, focal point, and key conduit between American Well and your prospect.
- Confidently and credibly position American Well’s telehealth solution, ROI, value/benefits and related sales strategy to advance sales opportunities.
- Prepare and coordinate product presentations, RFI/RFPs, demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related sales activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with HR purchasing contacts including assisting with the internal management and development of contractual documents.
- Manage and coordinate account hand-off to professional services and account management staff including early and easy transition to project management staff.
- Coordinate all sales activities with Inside Sales Director on account status, follow up activities, leads to pursue, product literature, outcome, win-loss, and related sales support tasks.
- Past selling to employers (understands how to sell to benefits/HR leaders)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple prospects simultaneously
- Sales pipeline and forecasting process to meet revenue goals
- Flexible, adaptable style with ability to quickly change direction based on company growth, changing marketing conditions, and product evolution
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience demonstrating PC based software products
- Ability to present/communicate, especially over phone, to benefit/HR leaders
- Ability to manage and close business
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent
- 4-7 years’ experience selling innovative healthcare products or services
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of sales contact (CRM) database(s) with the ability to maintain contacts, updates and progress electronically
- Up to 50% overnight travel required
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadlines
- Over-achiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
Should you join American Well and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Customer Solutions Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The teams main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels American Well’s growth and continued innovation.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
• Three weeks of vacation time
• 401K match
• Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
• Free gym access – on-site
• Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
• Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
• Complimentary snacks and drinks