Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for Carbon Black’s sales organization. This is accomplished through outbound calling and e-mailing. With plenty of leads provided, the Sales Development Representative qualifies and sets up initial presentations for the sales team within the territory assigned. There is not a high degree of technical knowledge required for this position. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a path for career growth within Carbon Black for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work toward that goal.
What You’ll Do
First three - six months
- Learn the Carbon Black products and messaging
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, scripts, WebEx, product info
- Build relationships with your Inside, Field, and Sales Engineering counterparts
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn the market and the business
- Learn how to navigate through the organization to get what you need
- Consistently meet goals for Initial presentation setup
Six to eighteen months
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/Industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of Inside Sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
How Your Success Will Be Measured:
Your success will ultimately be measured by consistently meeting or exceeding goals for setting up initial presentations for Inside and Field Representatives. The Sales Development Representative position will give you back what you put in to it. This is a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with seasoned sales representatives and with an extremely approachable and knowledgeable senior management team.
What You’ll Bring
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Prospecting and cold calling skills a plus
- Experience in lead generation in the high-tech software industry a plus
- Attention to detail
- Goal-oriented, passionate, high-energy professional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.