SaaS Operations Engineer
Tuesday June 19, 2012
153 Rangeway Road
We are seeking an experienced SaaS Operations Engineer who can build out and support our web infrastructure (servers, databases, networks, monitoring, reporting) as well as our processes and procedures (continuous integration, backups, disaster recovery). The successful candidate will drive the design, development and execution of our transition to an AWS cloud infrastructure that supports Curriculum Associates’ internally developed suite of software applications as well as internal systems.
The Operations Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build, operate, scale, and troubleshoot the Curriculum Associates SaaS infrastructure.
- Provide operations coverage as part of an on-call rotation.
- Work with other teams to make sure that the infrastructure/applications that depend on it work together seamlessly.
- Support other teams’ infrastructure needs on an as-needed basis.
- Write tools for systems and infrastructure automation.
- Collect and report on operational metrics for SLA reporting and capacity planning.
- Monitor the health of our production infrastructure.
- Conduct patching and server security maintenance, including vulnerability testing/management
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a record of achievement:
- 3-5 years of website operations experience in startup environment
- Has built systems and infrastructure supporting web applications in a production environment
- Has experience operating a 24/7 production web application
- Linux sys admin experience, preferably on Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch)
- Experience with MySQL, Java/Tomcat/Apache, Splunk and open-source tools for systems monitoring / management
- Experience coding for task automation – shell/Perl/Python
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline, preferred
- Work in a fast paced environment and have ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General analysis/problem solving and ability to develop creative solutions