Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
On the finance team, you’ll liaise with many groups throughout the organization to assess their financial needs and ensure checks and balances. You’ll also focus on the overall financial health of the organization and find opportunities to reduce liabilities and increase profits.
Why You Matter
The Revenue Accountant is an integral part of the revenue and accounting team. This role requires a highly motivated individual who will use their experience and education to contribute to the revenue recognition, billing, and collection needs of a high paced, growing company. The Revenue Accountant must be able to work in a team environment but also possess a strong independent work ethic, have excellent computer skills and follow-up skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Track and report monthly sales to management
- Enhance systems and processes around revenue recognition, including integrations between NetSuite and Salesforce.com
- Review contracts for short and long term revenue treatment
- Ensure proper revenue recognition for all transactions
- Provide revenue and invoicing support for the professional services organization
- Assist in Journal Entries for month end closing
- Special projects under the direction of the Revenue Controller
What You’ll Bring
- Four year degree in accounting or finance; CPA a plus
- Two years’ experience in accounting/finance or highly motivated recent grad
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism required to interact with colleagues and customers
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful in obtaining information when it is not readily available
- Excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability and desire to learn new software applications
- Experience with ERP systems such as NetSuite and CRM applications (Salesforce.com)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Who We Are
Carbon Black has designed the most complete next-gen endpoint security platform, enabling organizations to stop the most attacks, see every threat, close security gaps, and evolve their defenses. The Cb Endpoint Security Platform helps organizations of all sizes replace legacy antivirus technology, lock down systems, and arm incident response teams with advanced tools to proactively hunt down threats. Today, Carbon Black has approximately 2,000 worldwide customers, including 25 of the Fortune 100 and more than 700 employees. Carbon Black was voted Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute’s Best of 2015 Awards.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer.