We are building a small, specialized team within one of the fastest-growing startups in New York. We are looking for engineers who enjoy researching and writing about technologies to join us on a full-time basis. Our team’s primary goal is to pitch, research, and write in-depth articles that software engineers and ops engineers will want to read, discuss, and share with their peers.
Datadog is the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring. There’s a lot packed into that sentence, and if we talk in person we’ll be happy to discuss what it means and why it is a very powerful statement. The important thing for now: our product was built by engineers, for engineers, so we aim to be deeply knowledgeable, accurate, engaging, and useful in all of our communications. We don’t write fluff.
- Identify and define articles that Datadog should create.
Write articles that are authoritative, practical, and clear, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides or use-cases
- Thought leadership pieces
- Continually measure reader engagement with content, and iterate to improve content definition, craft, and distribution.
- You have a CS degree or have worked as a professional software/ops engineer.
- You have publicly available writing samples, whether technical or nontechnical.
- Successful candidates will be comfortable learning new technologies and turning complex topics into clear prose.
- Great career opportunity : Datadog is undergoing explosive growth, but is not yet a household name. This is an opportunity to join a company that has already established itself as the leader in its field, but still early enough to have great impact.
- Culture : We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
- Impact : Our small team is central to one of Datadog’s key growth strategies.
- Workplace perks : You’ll be working alongside a group of friendly, talented engineers and marketers at our Flatiron office, which features a roof deck, high ceilings, and lots of light. Datadog provides a stocked fridge and catered lunches three days a week.