American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Quality Assistant. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Quality Assistant will play a critical role in the Online Care Group. Specifically, the Quality Assistant will provide administrative support to the Clinical Quality Coordinator/Office. The Clinical Quality Office works towards developing and refining current processes to ensure the following goals are met:
- The Clinical Quality Office has a pulse on all clinical aspects throughout the practice
- Mechanisms are in place to take immediate steps to correct issues that affect the quality of patient care and safety, provider satisfaction, compliance with government and regulatory bodies, and company risk and liability
- Clinical data is collected accurately and efficiently
- Reports to all internal and external customers are timely
This position requires an individual that takes initiative and can work independently as well as with a team. Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to: managing and maintaining databases and files; collecting and collating data; and investigating patient and client complaints.
- Provides administrative support to the Clinical Quality Coordinator and Office
- Manages medical record requests
- Manages prior authorization requests
- Assists in resolving patient and client complaints
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
- 6-12 months of work experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology valuable
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Ability to adapt to change while meeting deadlines
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Sales Force a plus
Should you join American Well and the Online Care Group team, you can expect:
The Online Care Group is a fast growing, fast paced clinical services team who works directly with onboarding clinicians to offer flexible physician jobs that connect patients through live, video visits. Care is delivered utilizing American Well’s Online Care system, AmWell, as well as 30+ client-branded systems in which you will play a key role in supporting.
The Online Care Group currently provides multiple services to the general public, as well as multiple employer groups and health plans. Ranging from Urgent Care to Psychiatry services, Online Care Group operates in 45+ states, with the expectation of expanding to all 50 states in the future.
Online Care allows patients and consumers to connect with physicians immediately, through a new and innovative technology known as Telemedicine. Whether a patient has the flu or a general health question, they can access the professional help of our Online Care Group providers from the comfort of their home or office. The innovation uses advanced Web-based technologies and telephony to remove traditional barriers to healthcare access, including insurance coverage, geography, mobility and time constraints.
The Online Care Group is comprised of 4 key areas: Network Operations, Quality Care, Credentialing and Recruitment. We all work together in efforts to help find the best doctors to work on the platform, support their needs technology wise, and build relationships to make the provider and patient experience unique and successful.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks