Do you enjoy being a part of the action? Can you manage multiple projects and still get your hands dirty when needed? We have a home for you.
Rapid7’s Incident Response Project Manager role offers the opportunity to work with some of the best incident responders in the business and manage the services delivery lifecycle for the business unit. This includes all steps along the way, from lining up project resources, managing customer expectations, ensuring project execution, and closing out engagements. There will even be opportunities to dive into engagements and help the team deliver service. This is not a sideline role; you will see action.
The ideal candidate will be able to master resource competencies, manage customer, team and management expectations, and ensure the delivery of a consistent, high quality and world-class customer experience. We will also be looking for enough technical acumen to confidently hold high-level conversations on incident response topics and to help the team deliver on active engagements. Are you prepared to help us take on today’s most sophisticated attackers?
- Deliver incident response services and program development services
- Ensure customer satisfaction with service offering delivery on multiple engagements
- Execute business improvements, ongoing maturity and operational efficiencies for services delivery
- Act as a clients’ project point-of-contact to ensure a smooth transition from pre-sales through delivery and project closeout
- Drive achievement of financial targets by scheduling and overseeing work in the project portfolio
- Manage engagement fulfillment to align with timeline, budget and resource requirements
- Manage resources to the appropriate mix of billable project or directed, objective-based activity
- Provide project leadership, as needed, for internal and subcontractor technical resources to ensure consistency of project delivery methodology
- Track customer satisfaction and initiate post-project introspection to drive continuous improvement efforts
- Hold services peers and team members accountable to methodology and services best practices
- Actively participate in execution of services team and personal quarterly goals
- 4-6+ years combined security services and project management duties
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills
- Deep understanding of project management methodology
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of activities – you get stuff done!
- Ability to build relationships with, understand business and technical needs of, and deliver demonstrable value to multiple levels of customer and internal stakeholders
- You are detail-oriented, with a ninja-like ability to spot and correct spelling, grammatical, and formatting issues
- You like to look at things from a lot of different angles and come up with great solutions – never settling for “the path of less resistance”
- You consider Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel old friends, not enemies
- Strong communication skills and team-driven focus is essential as this team member will be expected to act independently, as well as collaboratively, with customers, peers, partners, and managers to ensure customer satisfaction and team goal achievement
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Experience in security practice at a professional services firm or specialized IDR services firm
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in a technical or managerial field
- CISSP, SANS Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certifications
- Experience working in a services organization
- Experience with CRM Systems (NetSuite a plus but not required)