American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and energetic Project Management Office (PMO) Lead. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The PMO Lead will play a critical role in Professional Services department. Specifically, the PMO Lead will establish and facilitate adoption of project management standards, position the service delivery teams for success, coordinate delivery activities among cross-functional organizations, and facilitate internal and external communications. The ideal candidate will be team oriented, and thrives in a rapidly changing and highly collaborative operational environment. Strong communication, creative problem solving, and excellent negotiation skills are all key attributes for this role. A track record of building strong and effective working relationships among cross-functional internal teams is a must.
- Coordinates SME support regarding the product and implementation processes, and facilitates the creation of statements of work, both during the sales process and for existing clients.
- Facilitates notifications and dissemination of key information to all members of the Professional Services team, including: new/upcoming product releases and patches and required cross-client configurations and procedures
- Management of the Professional Services central knowledge base (i.e., Confluence site)
- Prepares for and leads Release Management meetings - coordinating with the Technical Services, QA, and Hosting teams to manage the intake process for client configuration requests submitted by the Project Managers; includes global prioritization, scheduling, and entry/maintenance of commitment dates in the centralized scheduling tool.
- Coordinates with the R&D, QA, and Hosting teams to ensure that critical core upgrades, patches, and cross-client configurations and procedures are prioritized and scheduled for deployment across all client installations.
- Partners with the Online Care Group’s Network Operations team to maintain the training curriculum and assets for provider training and onboarding sessions.
- Serves as a laision with third-party vendor partners, managing the overall relationship and coordinating with the account manager from each organization on client-specific initiatives.
- Coordinates with the Professional Services leadership to prepare and communicate executive-level updates on status and key issues for internal key stakeholders.
- Maintains the Professional Services Training curriculum and certification process; facilitates training of new Professional Services staff during the onboarding process.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience working within a PMO, project management and/or consulting organization responsible for the oversight and/or delivery of enterprise software implementation projects
- Exceptional communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates)
- Ability to utilize effective communication and negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Proven experience managing initiatives with evolving and changing scope; establishing and maintaining expectations with internal/external stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) and Atlassian products (e.g., Confluence, JIRA)
- BA or BS degree required
Should you join American Well and the Professional Services team, you can expect:
Work hard play hard is definitely the mentality of the Professional Services team. We are the movers and the shakers in the American Well pyramid. Tasked with advancing client goals, workflows, and overall experience, thinking “outside of the box” is the only consistency each day on the Professional Services Team!
Comprised of five key areas of focus - Health Systems, Health Plans, Employers, Strategic Accounts, and a Project Management Office - this poised, articulate and fast-paced team is the driving force between our clients and American Well’s revolutionary technology. Each specialized area within the Professional Services team has a common goal of managing an effortless and efficient user experience from behind the scenes; this team bridges the gap between the wants and needs of each unique client, putting them into action.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks