American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and energetic Project Lead. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Project Lead will play a critical role in Professional Services department. Specifically, the Project Lead will partner and support the Project and Account Managers to drive a successful implementation of the American Well telehealth platform, and foster an ongoing relationship with the client once their service is operational.
- Serves as an expert in all aspects of the American Well platform
- During the initial client implementation, provides support to the Project Manager in managing all aspects of the implementation project, including meeting preparation, requirements documentation, platform configuration, and coordination with internal teams and third-party partners to ensure an efficient deployment per the agreed upon scope and schedule.
- Manages client expectations by building relationships, communicating project status and open issues, preparing reports, managing change, and facilitating weekly meetings
- With guidance from the Project Manager, provides functional and technical guidance to the client’s project team relative to workflow and solutions design
- Facilitates training sessions for the client’s project and operational teams, and provider end users, specific to each client’s business model
- Communicates project status with team members and senior business stakeholders
- Utilizes sound judgment in assessing projects’ health; identifying, mitigating and resolving project issues and risks to on-time project delivery
- Provides ongoing support and management to the client with regard to new business initiatives, software updates, and enhancements
- Partners with the Account Manager to support client account growth and drive ongoing project activities in support of the client’s strategic objectives
- Provides operational support to clients after their platform has been launched
- Contributes to continuous process improvements within the Professional Services organization
- 1-3 years of project management and/or consulting experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects of different sizes and complexities, in a technical and cross-functional environment
- Experience with leading client and internal team members through complex system implementations and integrations with aggressive delivery deadlines
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and team building skills
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Ability to respond to changing project scopes and reprioritize work in order to accommodate several competing requirements
- Ability to utilize effective communication and negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Proven experience managing scope and internal/external expectations through effective negotiation and partnering
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint (Visio and Project experience are preferred)
- BA or BS degree required
- Flexibility for light travel (up to 25%, including overnight)
Should you join American Well and the Professional Services team, you can expect:
Work hard play hard is definitely the mentality of the Professional Services team. We are the movers and the shakers in the American Well pyramid. Tasked with advancing client goals, workflows, and overall experience, thinking “outside of the box” is the only consistency each day on the Professional Services Team!
Comprised of five key areas of focus - Health Systems, Health Plans, Employers, Strategic Accounts, and a Project Management Office - this poised, articulate and fast-paced team is the driving force between our clients and American Well’s revolutionary technology. Each specialized area within the Professional Services team has a common goal of managing an effortless and efficient user experience from behind the scenes; this team bridges the gap between the wants and needs of each unique client, putting them into action.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members…. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks