The Runkeeper Product Manager for Localization will be responsible for ensuring all the translations of copy across the mobile app, web, Marketing and Media communications, and Runkeeper Store are top notch. Our goal is to allow our diverse group of users from around the world to all have the same high-quality experience that English speaking users have in Runkeeper’s 12 different languages. Our goal is to get everyone, regardless of the language they speak, running and hitting their goals and this role plays a vital piece in that puzzle!
The Product Manager for Localization will assess the current state of Runkeeper translation quality and tools, establish a plan for implementing new processes and tools, and executing with cross-departmental resources. You will then be responsible for all translations within the company and ensuring the processes you’ve implemented are being followed to a T.
- Ownership of all copy communications globally, serving as main point of contact internally and externally for all translation-related needs
- Research translation pain points and needs and fix current issues
- Upon assessment of existing tools and translations, vet current and potential tools, determine tools necessity and onboard any new translation tool vendor(s) by working with Runkeeper technical resources and reporting back to stakeholders regularly
- Work closely with translation tool vendors to ensure tasks, timelines, and deliverables are understood and completed on time and in accordance with established KPIs
- Manage development of the Runkeeper localized website, blog, and store and map out plan for implementing
- Work cross-functionally across internal teams to ensure localization requirements are implemented and localization process and best practices are followed and improved where necessary
- Build out an efficient process for resources to get quality translations in a timely manner
- Oversee quality of all produced translations by reviewing, prioritizing, and tracking progress of issues through established processes
- 3+ years of Program Management experience
- Expertise through study or work experience in translation tools and methods for translating, localizing, and QA of copy
- Knowledge of how to use collaboration and organizational tools such as Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Confluence, JIRA
- This individual needs to be professional fluent in at least one other language