Monday December 10, 2012
225 Wyman Street
Domain Names are the cornerstone of all online businesses - the vehicle used by all Internet traffic to navigate through the Web. Did you know 30% of all registered domain names have not yet been developed and that millions of these domains could be put to use by new businesses if only there were an efficient, effective and secure way to connect domain name sellers and business owners? At NameMedia, we are building that marketplace.
NameMedia is looking for a talented Product Manager to lead the design and development of our key online platforms including BuyDomains.com and various internal systems. In this hands-on leadership role, the successful candidate will apply their knowledge and experience of the web-based e-commerce industry.
The Product Manager will be the unifying force behind our product strategy and execution, combining feedback from sales, marketing, development, customers and prospects to set the strategic vision and lead the execution on new features and products.. The Product Manager will gather and prioritize product and customer requirements, define the product vision, and work closely with development and operations to continuously deliver a world class set of online products.
This is a great opportunity for an emerging leader to have a direct impact on the bottom line of a fast-growing business. The right candidate must be willing to do what it takes every single day to successfully execute against all goals.
- Manage the overall Product Management process. Own the entire product cycle for high engagement customer facing web sites.
- Be an advocate for the user and help define experiences that place usability and interaction as the highest goals. Maximize user value.
- Gather and analyze feedback from sales, marketing, development and the market.
- Lead our internal process to define the product strategy, roadmap and priorities based on overall business objectives.
- Effectively prioritize a complex set of requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Develop requirements documents and use cases for new product features to support the overall roadmap.
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams including representatives from technology, marketing, sales, customer service and finance.
- Monitor the status of development projects supporting new features to proactively identify critical issues.
- Conduct business-level verification and market testing of new features.
- Work with marketing and web developers to analyze website traffic patterns, SEO/SEM and user behavior to maximize conversion rates.
- Understand industry players, broader competitive environment and products offered by the industry. Actively incorporate this knowledge when solving business problems.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
- Be a go-to person and strategic leader within the company.
- Lead ideation and rapid prototyping cycles to raise quality.
- Exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing with stakeholders (both internal and external) at all levels. Natural ability to relate to customers and prospects.
- 3+ years of total product management experience.
- Recent product experience with high engagement customer facing web applications.
- Experience with an agile development methodology (with monthly or weekly product release cycles) including how it can be applied to online product design and development.
- Understanding of metrics-driven design and its appropriate application.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accurate implementation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment a must. "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others in implementing a common vision.
- Direct experience in the daily operation of a highly available online service preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Passion for web-based software products.