Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest growing private companies in Massachusetts, and named to their Best Places to Work list, Definitive has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Product Management Analyst to join our Product Team. If you would like to work on a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
You will focus on optimizing/maintaining processes and integrating key data sets from government agencies that Definitive Healthcare leverages in its online database, including from the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and state Health Departments. You will become a subject matter expert on the datasets that you interact with and will be required to have a thorough understanding of the content and value of the data.
This is not a statistical or technical position – our data is highly qualitative and requires strong critical thinking and problem solving skills. If you are looking to be a “back-office programmer,” this would not be the right role for you. This is a front of the line position that directly impacts our customers with tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement. Potential leadership opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Here are the tasks you will tackle:
- Participate in the development, validation, implementation, and maintenance of SQL queries for the successful download, analysis, and integration of healthcare data into the Definitive Healthcare product
- Optimize processes to enable efficient and accurate data analysis and develop/implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize efficiency
- Incorporate new data points into Definitive Healthcare product as they become available; ensuring that all changes are reflected in Definitive’s SQL database
- Develop and maintain documentation to reflect modifications in processes
- Ensure the consistency and accuracy of information by identifying issues within reported metrics, researching potential solutions, and leading process and data improvement efforts
What you’ll need:
- 2 – 7 years of professional experience
- BA/BS from a 4 year University
- Experience working with large data sets
- Working proficiency in SQL (Query writing, Stored Procedure creation, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities
- Capability to identify problems, analyze information, and formulate creative solutions and processes
- Exceptional communication skills, and the ability to speak up, share ideas, and drive change
Bonus points if you have:
- Ambition to take on more responsibility or ownership of your work
- Excellent analytical skills
- Skilled at listening to and soliciting feedback
- Detail orientation and a strong work ethic
- An interest in learning more about the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of health care information (health claims data, Hospital Compare and other quality datasets, Medicare Cost Reports, Meaningful Use, etc.)
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”