Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years. Join us!
Why You Matter
We continue to scale our IT organization and Infrastructure to meet the demands of a fast pace, high growth enterprise security software company. We have and continue to leverage virtualization technologies and solutions to meet current and future IT demand and scale requirements here at Carbon Black.
We have a large portion of our corporate IT running in our own data center but also smaller portions of workloads running on public cloud infrastructure. We are looking for a Principal level Virtualization Engineer who can lead our organization's VMware Infrastructure and work with the team to plan for the next phase of our growth. We have several active projects this person would lead and a high growth business that will continue to require innovative ways to leverage technologies and process to support that growth.
What You’ll Do
- Assess, design, build and support Virtual Infrastructures (VI) including server and storage platforms using both on premise and various cloud technologies
- Assess, design, build and support Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI)
- Assist in design of VI replication architecture as it pertains to DR/BC
- Conduct research and provide all levels of support for issues pertaining to VI
- Develop, implement and maintain design and operational documentation as it relates to VI
- Develop, in conjunction with Network Engineering, the necessary NOC components to monitor the VI environment
- Tune and optimize VI environment for performance and scaling
- Interact with vendor(s) for problem resolution
- Provide support to VMWare Workstation user community
What You’ll Bring
- VMWare Horizon experience
- VMWare vCloud Director / vRealize Automation experience
- Experience installing and operating Nimble Storage
- Experience in Project Management (Agile/Kanban/Scrum)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects by effective prioritization and communication
- Experience with tracking budget expenses and manage projects against budgets
- Experience with SCCM/SCOM as it pertains to virtualization
- VCAP (Datacenter or Cloud) certified
- AWS or Microsoft Azure experience
- Experience with SolarWinds Monitoring platform
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 8 years working as a Virtualization Engineer on increasingly complex projects
- Occasional exceptional hours as needed during critical project milestones or release cycles
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.