At edX, we are working together to make a difference in the world and are inspired by our learners and each other. We strive to build high quality learning experiences, while respecting the unique needs and perspectives of our worldwide edX community.
Come join the edX Educator team, as we challenge the status quo, learn from our mistakes, and innovate at every corner. As Educator engineers, we collaborate with our awesome Product, UX and Doc teams to deliver products and services that enable pedagogical advances and research in higher education. Our open-source large-scale MOOC platform empowers academic partners to create a world-class online learning environment with rich functionality for learners everywhere.
Our team of talented engineers is seeking a highly motivated, seasoned (principal or senior level) engineer to help drive our mission forward as we develop innovative, scalable solutions for our growing platform of 10+ million learners.
Responsibilities (what you will do):
- Design, develop, deploy, and support next-generation features using emergent architectural principles with a bias for action.
- Provide technical guidance to other developers.
- Encourage creative design and intelligent risk taking to deliver solutions efficiently.
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and code reviews.
- Collaborate and communicate with key business stakeholders, including product, UX, and the wider edX community.
- Drive improvement of team best practices and standards, while grounded in metrics.
Qualifications & Skills (what you already have):
- Extensive experience writing production quality code in Python or other OO language.
- 2+ years experience leading and mentoring junior developers.
- Ability to write clean, reliable, and highly scalable code.
- Eagerness to learn and explore new technologies.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Nice to Have (what might help):
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Django, React, Bootstrap, Webpack, Docker, Celery, Memcached, SQL, NoSQL or other modern technologies.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A mindset of lifelong learning and pursuing new challenges.
edX is an MIT start-up company that offers a comprehensive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and access to some of the smartest people on the planet! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Applicants must be able to work out of our Cambridge, MA office.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.