Welcome to Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization.
We are audacious, innovative and growing.
As the Cimpress Mass Customization platform grows, Cimpress needs to help merchants market and sell the million+ SKUs available across our fulfillment network. It doesn’t matter whether the merchant is selling to customers through an in-store retail experience, a wholesaler relationship, a large online store, or a small turnkey store built with Shopify or WooCommerce.
The Merchandising Solutions Team builds systems that help merchants create powerful user experiences for their customers ordering customized products, without the development overhead of a merchant needing to reinvent the wheel or hire a consultancy. Our solutions are completely “white label”, so the merchant can showcase their brand experience in the way they would like.
Our engineers need to be truly versatile. One day you may be building a REST/JSON API in C# on MongoDB, the next needing to write a single-page app in NodeJS. Intellectual curiosity, a solid background in software engineering fundamentals, and passion to learn quickly are more important than experience in a specific technology.
Here are some successful recent examples of solutions we have delivered:
- A fully-customizable CMS system geared towards arranging taxonomy and marketing across a wide variety of promotional and apparel products.
- An in-store retail experience for a high end brand in East Asia.
- “Groups and teams” functionality which allows customers to design their logo apparel, and then customize the names on the individual products.
- Customers can choose from a wide range of decoration technologies from embroidery to multi color print, where the design experience is tailored (including warnings and rendering) to the specific decoration being chosen.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be a key leader on this experienced, fast-paced and driven development team. You will work within green field development areas that create new business opportunities for a large and fast growing company. Particular focus will be on delivering scalable solutions that automate what are often manual processes within other businesses.
- High proficiency in at least one of the following: Java, Python, Ruby, C++, C#, Go, Scala
- Knowledge of microservice architecture preferred
- Web development experience preferred
- Excellent presentation skills, especially to non-technical audiences
- Proven track record of years of successful software delivery
- Willingness to work with merchant customers around the world, some travel possible
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $1.5BB in revenue, operations in 19 countries and merchants that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.