Principal Software Engineer
Tuesday January 29, 2013
308 Congress Street
So. You're a software engineer, are you? Excellent.
Can you get the job done? Like, consistently get the job done? If we asked other software engineers about you, would we hear over and over, “That’s one engineer who can build something elegant and solve the hard problems”? Tremendous.
Will you thrive as part of a small team of no-nonsense (well, some nonsense) A-players who pride themselves on finding the right solution and getting stuff done? Are you comfortable getting your hands dirty in an open, highly collaborative environment? Can you provide technical direction while you oversee the work of others, ensuring things are done to the highest standards?
Yes? Well then. Read on.
Working at Buildium is unlike any other gig you've ever had. We’re casual, open, collaborative, and noisy at times with a singular focus: building a great company. We eat lunch together, talk about pop culture and current events, and genuinely enjoy each other’s company. And cake. There’s a LOT of cake.
We don’t hire based on a list of buzzwords or acronyms on your resume. We’re looking for pragmatic, technical experts who are passionate about technology, demand excellence of themselves and others, and want to make a real difference.
- Design and develop across the entire stack, including the front-end, business and data tiers
- Achieve 100% code coverage with comprehensive automated unit tests
- Produce high quality C# and SQL code that’s optimized for performance and scalability
- Provide technical leadership for less experienced developers
- Conduct design and code reviews and ensure adherence to best practices
- Help identify test cases, resolve issues, and fix bugs
- Give accurate time estimates based on verbal and written specs
- Contribute to documentation where required
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to web technologies, .NET, MySQL and automated unit testing
- Disseminate technical knowledge to the rest of the team wherever possible
- Identify and implement ways to improve how we build software
- 5+ years experience designing and developing highly scalable web apps on the Microsoft platform
- Experienced in setting product direction
- Able to organize and clarify complex and nuanced business requirements
- Passionate about technology, wants to stay hands-on and enjoys coding
- Familiar with Agile development processes
- Understands emerging web technologies
- Background in accounting is a plus
- Able to work in an unstructured, small company environment
- Self-sufficient and comfortable with ambiguity
- Competitive salary
- Take-What-You-Need Paid Time Off
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Group life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Opportunity to work in a small, innovative start-up environment
- Ping-pong and foosball tables for superior hand-eye coordination
About Buildium LLC
Buildium LLC is a small, entrepreneurial cloud-based software company located in Boston's historic Fort Point Channel area. Founded in 2004, Buildium’s property management software is used by thousands of landlords, property managers, and associations to manage nearly half a million units in 31 countries around the world.
For more information, visit us online at http://www.buildium.com.