Why be a Toaster?
"I work here because I think we are building a strong business the right way and I will get a chance to be a part of something special. I also enjoy working with the top talent we have in an open culture where I can make an impact." - Archie G, Engineering Manager
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. For example, our portable tablets allow waitstaff to enter orders directly to the kitchen, reducing guest wait time and allowing the restaurant to turn over tables faster. This is good for the guest experience and good for the restaurant! We’re growing fast and serve cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs in all 50 states. We move fast and thus have lots of opportunities for career growth. If you’re a passionate software engineer looking to grow personally and make an impact, join us!
Toast is looking for self-motivated individuals who love building great software. From our core application built on top of Android, to a Java microservice architecture on the back end, we are not afraid of new technology or really challenging problems. We focus on providing the infrastructure stability necessary so that our complex distributed system "just works", while maintaining a well-designed user interface. Toast’s engineers tackle issues of data synchronization, payments processing, and building a user-friendly point of sale. We need talented engineers to build and maintain the highest quality product as our vision moves forward.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participating in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations
- Thinking in terms of the end-user and designing accordingly
- Surveying and evaluating available technology options
- Actively contributing to product design and feature selection discussions
- Participating in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
- Mentoring other team members
You have some or all of the following qualities:
- Well-versed in tiered web application architecture and databases
- Passion for building great software
- Lifelong learner
- Get unblocked attitude
Bonus Points (but not necessary):
- Android experience
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of and grow your career with, we want to talk to you!
Perks of being a Toaster
- Great opportunity to join a fast-growing company which affords its’ employees mobility and advancement.
- Work on technology that’s making an impact in the industry (and challenging problems to solve as a result!)
- A team of passionate and collaborative co-workers (bring all your friends! referral bonuses).
- A culture of continuous innovation (quarterly company-wide hackathons to help bring this to life).
- An open concept office, complete with beanbag-filled collaboration spaces and the equally necessary quiet spaces.
- Clubs & groups created by our employees, for our employees.
- Diverse events to engage with coworkers in a different setting (Field Day, yoga classes, harbor cruises, beer swaps, Texas Hold ‘Em tournament etc.)
- Location, location, location! In Landmark Center, right off the Green Line and a 5 minute walk from the Yawkey commuter rail stop (commuter benefits included).
The Usual Suspects
- Competitive salaries
- Stock options
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- PTO (unlimited!)
- Flexible work hours
- Fully stocked kitchen (DIY seltzer, beer on tap, coffee/ lattes, cold brew iced coffee)