Position based in Waltham, MA or remote in the USA.
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
Why You Matter
Carbon Black is developing the next generation security defenses against advance persistent threats and malware through comprehensive visibility, detection, prevention and response capabilities. Our work is deep inside operating systems—Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux—and we’re looking for team members that like to pry them open and innovate in the gaps. You’re probably a good fit for the team if:
- You’re fluent in C++ (both OO and generic constructs.
- You can find your way around a storage stack, task scheduler, or virtual memory.
- You don’t feel dirty poking around a core dump, reading assembly, or reverse engineering things.
- You relish hard problems in security, virtualization, stream processing, forensics, and cryptography.
This position is focused on the Windows OS. Familiarity with filter and file system drivers is valuable as is general experience with the Visual Studio, the WDK and Windbg.
You’ll be part of a small team of smart talented people like yourself. The team shares a sense of purpose and urgency, but in a fun, inclusive, friendly and informal atmosphere. All doors are always open. You’ll work on problems we haven’t figured out and enjoy the satisfaction of having an impact on our success.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, develop, test, document and maintain complex software.
- Respond to high-priority issues and drive to resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to reviews of software artifacts and give considered, high-quality feedback.
- Collaborate with peers to achieve project goals.
- Be a strong voice in our software development process.
Be open to learning and eventually mentoring other members of the engineering organization
What You’ll Bring
- Practical experience in C++ with applied knowledge of object oriented and generic programming.
- Fluent in approaches to concurrency, debugging, performance, scalability, supportability and quality.
- Good written and excellent verbal communication.
- Strong working knowledge of windows kernel development.
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.