Are you motivated to work on the leading-edge – including big data, Scala, Java 8, highly-distributed microservices and a 100% cloud-based platform? Do you want to work for a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly-growing startup? Find out why TraceLink was chosen as the 2012 Grand Prize Winner in the Amazon Global Startup Challenge for business applications.
TraceLink is building a cloud-based platform that scales to secure the pharmaceutical supply chain. Already 3 of the 10 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world have chosen to run their business using TraceLink’s Life Sciences Cloud.
TraceLink is seeking a full-time Platform Engineer to join our team and focus on our backend infrastructure. If you’re self-motivated, intellectually curious and motivated by designing and developing innovative products for global organizations, you could be a good fit for our team.
Bring your new ideas and help us design the next version of our best in class product that is persistant, extensible and secure.
● Focus on the next generation platform within the TraceLink product, including choosing the appropriate technologies for persisting different types of data, architecting how those technologies are integrated into the TraceLink product, and designing, implementing, and deploying them in a cloud;
● Actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle;
● Review and analyze current systems and processes, matched against user needs and business requirements to determine technical requirements;
● Provide high-level analysis and design reviews to apply appropriate technologies and architecture to solve conceptual problems; ensure design, structure, and content meet performance guidelines;
● Develop software that takes best advantage of our cloud-based fully-distributed architecture
● Accurately estimate tasks, and hit those estimates and provide regular status updates as part of our scrum-based Agile development process
● Work closely with our QA team; assist with test planning as appropriate
● Integrate 3rd party components as appropriate
● Research and remain informed of new technology and tools, and how such technologies could be applied at TraceLink; recommend extension, expansion, and update of technology standards, practices, and methodologies
Skills and Requirements:
Candidates must possess the following skills and traits:
● 3+ years platform development experience.
● 10+ years commercial software product development experience in Java and/or Python.
● Cloud experience including a few of the following; AWS, Docker, OpenStack, Runtime Systems, Hadoop 2.0/Yarn and IaaS/PaaS.
● Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly, and collaborate with other disciplines.
● Bachelor’s degree or greater in computer science or related area.
● Experience and interest in working in fast-paced environments.
Helpful skills and experience:
● Experience developing a product in an Agile development environment.
● Experience in developing web-services and Web-based APIs (microservices a big plus!).
● Experience with distributed computing architectures and large-scale, distributed systems.
● Experience with RDBMS and/or NoSQL architectures and/or Big Data.
● Experience in software development in Scala, Python, or Ruby.
● Experience with Web Services and/or RESTful API.
● Experience in developing Enterprise Software (e.g. Supply Chain, ERP, Manufacturing).
● Worked with message-based integration technologies, middleware for EDI and XML-based B2B, and/or web services.
● Experience with the pharmaceutical industry.
● Experience with asynchronous and distributing processing and Amazon SWF services.
TraceLink is headquartered in North Reading, MA just off Rte. 93 North at exit 39.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
If you’re looking to join an exciting, fast-moving company that is at the center of revolutionizing the supply chain for the Life Sciences industry, TraceLink wants to talk to you.