Responsible for interpreting the business needs into technical requirements, and develop such requirements on the semantic layer. Acts as the Technical Reference User for the MS Analysis Services Cube (Tabular Model) being fully responsible for documentation, development, and deployment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains awareness of technology developments and makes recommendations to the Manager, Software Development BI. Assists with resolution of escalated incidents related to the operational tabular cubes and participates in problem management activities. Assumes ownership support and troubleshooting of tabular cube and Power Bi reports associated to the tabular cube. Assists in evaluating the business relevance and requirements of projects under consideration. Designs, configures, codes, and documents business systems and application software
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to perform research that involves interpretation and analysis from a variety of sources, including sources and/or data that should be developed.
- Translation of business questions and requirements into reports, views, and BI query objects.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft BI stack architectures, functions, features and design principles.
- Advanced hands on experience with SQL and relational and multidimensional designs.
- Strong problem-solving and metadata skills.
- Expert knowledge of DAX
- Knowledge in at least one scripting language for predictive analytics and data visualization.
- Hands on expertise with implementation of a MS Analysis Services Cube using the Tabular model.
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server 2012/2014(2016 a plus) and strong SQL skills.
- Ability to work effectively with both users and technical staff in team-oriented environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work successfully and independently in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures. Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred however relevant experience can be substituted.
- 8-10 years' experience in data analysis and data warehousing, with significant specialization in one or more areas of the above-mentioned areas of technology.
- 3 years' experience in MS SSAS Tabular model, including an expert knowledge of DAX.