Tuesday June 28, 2011
RunKeeper is a mobile app and online social community that enables runners and other fitness enthusiasts to track and measure activities, and and improve their overall health. To date, the RunKeeper platform has attracted over 6 million users, and continues to grow at a rapid pace. Though we started with our own mobile apps, RunKeeper has grown to include a web presence that integrates data from not only our app, but also a host of devices, apps, and web services across a broad range of health categories. The inclusion of this additional health and fitness data is integral to our direction and strategy moving forward, as we aggregate data from a variety of verticals through the recently launched Health Graph API. Learn more by reading Wired’s, How RunKeeper Could Become the Facebook of Health and Fitness.
With the launch of the Health Graph API, we are now in search of a Platform Evangelist to help make RunKeeper a successful, widely used platform for third-party developer applications. This role will drive the development of third party applications, by evangelizing the benefits of the RunKeeper platform to the developer community, providing technical support, advocating internally for developer needs, and working with strategic partners to push the platform to its limit. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment, and will bring an energetic, good-spirited and creative approach to their work.
RunKeeper is based in the South End of Boston, though the position doesn’t have to be. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees and comprehensive dental and health insurance.
● Drive widespread development of Health Graph third-party applications by being ‘the face’ of RunKeeper to the developer community.
● Provide technical documentation/tutorials to the community and participate in technical discussions around implementation.
● Work with the CEO and COO to identify key strategic partners and lead API integration efforts.
● Advocate for developer needs internally by partnering closely with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Business Development.
● BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
● MBA preferred, but not required.
● Proven ability to communicate with a broad range of audiences, from hackers to business partners.
● Charismatic online and offline presence via active participation in online forums, tech talks, and conferences.
● Strong technical writing skills.
● Passion for health and fitness, location-based services, social networks, and mobile applications.
Strong consideration will be given to applicants that provide links to their technical blog or past speaking engagements.